What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Chrome+. I hit the longest drive I've ever had on #13 of my home course, nearly reached the water through the end of the fairway. And I had a bounce a spin back 60* wedge from about 65 yards on #14. #likeit

Put the TM TPx into play today great ball great flight in the wind and very responsive in the short game

I am comparing both right now ad wrll. It feels like the e6 has a little more spin around green. Would you agree.
So I did a little head to head with the Callaway SuperSoft and Bridgestone e6 today on the course. While I like the performance of both offerings on the greens the e6 is far superior IMO. Going to keep working with both of them.

Marked my SR2 up with lime green sharpie and they were drawn to the trees all day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Got a dozen Callaway Supersoft in the Team Callaway Collection box so took it out today.

The other 11 are on there way to Ricky. No bueno.

Callaway Supersoft. Read the reviews bought a sleeve when they first came out didn't like them then. Gave them another shot today didn't like them. Besides off the tee I didn't like their performance. But man I hit 3 of my longest straightest drives with that ball today. But the course I played had hard greens and I was constantly getting too much roll out with my short irons and wedges. So I'm going back to chromes.

B330. Loved everything about it and only lost 1.

Supersoft is a great ball for the price. I seem to have trouble putting them, but tee to green it feels great.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Srixon Tri Speed Tour yellow.

Pretty good 3 piece ball that you can find under $15 a dozen.

I am comparing both right now ad wrll. It feels like the e6 has a little more spin around green. Would you agree.
I would agree the e6 just seems to have the edge in all of the categories at this point for me. Today will be another test just 9 holes for me

Played a SR2 that Hawk gave me and really liked the ball. Only downfall is the durability, which has plagued Callaway since I played the Hex Black years ago.

Cool, let me know how it goes. Thanks
I would agree the e6 just seems to have the edge in all of the categories at this point for me. Today will be another test just 9 holes for me

Anyone gaming the Z stars or XV that can compare them to the B330rx? I'm considering taking advantage of the buy 2 get 1 deal.

Anyone gaming the Z stars or XV that can compare them to the B330rx? I'm considering taking advantage of the buy 2 get 1 deal.
Same question I had a month ago, and sadly, neither Srixon ball appears to compare to the B330RX. Possibly the Z-Star SL--if you can find them.

Played the B330-RX today and made much success. Long off the tee and plenty of spin. Really enjoyed the ball.

I played the whole round today with an oldie but a goodie, the Precept Laddie X. I used to play these a lot back in '09, and after playing it again today I wonder why I ever stopped. They fly high, straight, and long. I had no issues holding greens. I had a better day around the greens than I have had in while, even got them to check some. No issues with the putter either.

I've played all the recent soft ball offerings, and have to say I like these just as well, if not better. It doesn't hurt that I paid $16.97 for 2 dozen either, an absolute steal!

Played the SuperSoft today. Couldn't hold a single green, it bounced and rolled off of every one. I'll give it another shot, but not too thrilled with short game play with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been playing the B330's for about a year and I love them. But I am looking at Dicks website and I see the Chrome+ for $22.48 each. I used to play them and I liked them. I wonder if I go back to them if I will still like them as much after playing the b330's for so long? But that is a pretty dang good price.

I have been playing the B330's for about a year and I love them. But I am looking at Dicks website and I see the Chrome+ for $22.48 each. I used to play them and I liked them. I wonder if I go back to them if I will still like them as much after playing the b330's for so long? But that is a pretty dang good price.

It's a great price. I had a 10 coupon and got them for 13 bucks. I played one for a few holes before switching back to the B330. It was probably mental but I went back to the Bridgestone. My favorite ball. I'm sticking to it.

It's a great price. I had a 10 coupon and got them for 13 bucks. I played one for a few holes before switching back to the B330. It was probably mental but I went back to the Bridgestone. My favorite ball. I'm sticking to it.

That's what I am afraid of, getting out there and saying to myself why the heck did I not get the Bridgestones!!!

Callaway hex control

Pros: straight off the tee and LONG. Very similar to the e6 in feel and just as consistent off of the putter. Price point couldn't be beat... picked up a 24 pack at Costco for 24.99

Cons: A little less stopping power around the greens than the e6 (as you probably know... e6 lacks greenside spin) but I can't really complain for $1 a ball.

I'm still looking for a mid priced ball that spins around the green and has good durability, and I don't think I found it here. However, I can't really complain when they are only $1 a ball. I would probably go with this over an e6 as the differences (for me) are negligible, and the e6 can't compare when it comes to cost.

About me: b330rx is my ball... it does everything I want it to, but I can't justify $4 a ball... the quest to find a mid priced ball similar to the b330rx continues!

Played the SuperSoft this weekend. I like it. It is long. The only thing it doesn't do is stick the greens. I'll live with that though, for the increased distance.

I'm still looking for a mid priced ball that spins around the green and has good durability, and I don't think I found it here.
I'd say your best options are the e5 and Project (a).

I'd say your best options are the e5 and Project (a).

+1 for the Project (a). Extremely durable and the most action I get out of a ball

Callaway super soft and Srixon ZStar X

Both were awesome. Loved the Callaway off the driver.

Overall though I'm still loving the Taylormade Tour Prefferd X.

Back