Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

the wall/Jon snow storyline is so critically important to the overall story (this is partly from the books, partly from my guess on books 6 & 7), I think it was appropriate to spend the time they did on it. It's been kind of lacking for the 1st 8 episodes.

Amazingly, yes. I feel that there's so much that needs to happen, Im not sure how they fit it all in.

I honestly think with the weirdness that is the 4th book, that they are going to stretch some of the 3rd book into what would be the 4th book, as well as mixing in book 5. My guess is they try to make the 5/6/7 seasons an amalgam of what is left in book 3, important parts of book 4 with book 5.

Hopefully this buys them time to get to book 6.... (that would mean George has it done by what, 2016????)

the wall/Jon snow storyline is so critically important to the overall story (this is partly from the books, partly from my guess on books 6 & 7), I think it was appropriate to spend the time they did on it. It's been kind of lacking for the 1st 8 episodes.
I would imagine it has been lacking so they could put the whole battle into one episode

Agree 100%. And I feel that they completely nailed it with this last episode. 9th episode of the season never disappoints.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last nights episode was pretty good. I know the battle at Castle Black is an important part of the story, but taking up the entire episode was a bit much for me. Would have liked to see some other story lines as well. IMO
They did it with Blackwater. For those massive events they devote whole episodes.

Watching it right now, really enjoying the Castle Black episode. It really was an event that needed an entire episode.

Best… Weapon… Ever… all i can say.

#TeamJonSnow

#TeamJonSnow

LOL, this isn't Twilight. I'm wondering how Martin is going to bring all of the fragmented stories together. Even as a reader of the books, my friends and I have discussed this. This story is so fragmented and each has it's hero and villians. He only plans on having 2 more books if I recall correctly. I wonder if Daenarys is going to come swooping back into the kingdoms with her dragons and take the family rule back, but I think that's too obvious for Martin. There are so many possibilities and I try not to hang my hat too firmly in any one so as not to get disappointed.
But if we were to break each of the storylines into teams, some of which I am sure to leave out, it would be Jon Snow, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Daenarius. They are all incredible stories on their own and it's almost impossible for me to pick one over the other because you find yourself rooting for all of them. If I had to absolutely pick one line as my favorite I may have to go Team Arya though just because she's just 100% badass. For the non-book readers, you aint seen nothing yet and I'l leave it at that. Martin takes her on a journey that you can't imagine in a million years. The other stories are somewhat cast unless he kills them off or something. But I think that can be said about all of the characters too. That's what makes these books so interesting. Just when you think you know what's going to happen... You Don't!! And I don't care which branch you like, that can be said of all of them.

Sure seems like a lot to wrap up in a 1 hour season finale

This actually depresses me. I cannot believe that we are already at the season finale. I don't typically geek out over shows, and books and characters, but I am never ready for this to end. The stories and characters are all too interesting, and like I said in the last post, just when you think you know what is going to happen, he takes a hard left that leaves you saying "What just happened". The ultimate cliff hanger.

I thought it was a great episode, so I watched it twice. I am glad to finally see the whole wall/Castle Black storyline take flight, because it hasn't really gone anywhere in 4 seasons until now. Much how the people in Kings Landing have been lulled into a false sense of security as it pertains to the happenings at the wall, the audience has experienced much of the same. Now we got to see some truly important and critical action. And Ghost! Great to see him make an appearance. It would have been great to have seen more of him. Imagine if, as they moved from point of view to point of view during that scene, the one constant was Ghost in the background mauling dudes.

I think that GoT has 75 minutes blocked off on HBO for the finale. Still, 75 minutes doesn't even seem like enough. We need like a 3-hour finale.

Last nights episode was 50 minutes and the shortest of this season so far. High impact episode and thought it was great even though the Castle Black is one of my least favorite story lines. I'm liking Jon Snow more and more and this frightens me because I know what they do on GOT when characters become liked. I just won't think about that...........

They say next weeks episode will be 63-66 minutes long which is good to hear. They do have a lot of things to get to. Can't wait!

Really enjoyed the finale.

I loved The Hound in this episode. The actor really caught some real emotion, from the "protector" like - because for the first time I believed it to the asking for it later. I'm glad we'll get Brienne and Podrick in future episode as comedic relief.

Peter Dinklage needs an award for the the last 3-4 episodes at least but he's been great the full series.

I'm sure this was posted already, but if not ...

the-moment-when-you-realize-peter-dinklage-is-going-to-win-another-emmy.jpg

I enjoyed the finale but I'm interested to see where the show goes now

Just caught up with the Finale... man... how long until next season!?!?!

I was thinking about the previous episode with Jaime and Tyrion in the cell and that story about their cousin smashing all the beetles and trying to understand why and I wonder: Was that little piece of exposition about the fans (Tyron) and GRRM (the cousin) killing all the characters (the beetles)?

If it was, frakin' brilliant by the series writers. Brilliant.

Yes, Peter MUST win an Oscar for those trial scenes. Freaking incredible, some of the best acting I've ever seen.

Also, Tyrian is a bad mammajamma. If I may:

Official prediction: Arya ends up on the throne.
Hope: Tyrian ends up on the throne, Jon Snow rules the North.

What a show. Can't wait.

I watched the finale last night. It deviated from the books quite a bit,but the end results were about the same.

I hate that the shows season seems so short. I'm already waiting for the next season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Finale was excellent - the changes were all just fine in my book and all served to enhance GRRM's characters, except one, involving Jojen (I won't spoil). Still not 100% sure why they did that, but it's not too earth shattering.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yes, Peter MUST win an Oscar for those trial scenes. Freaking incredible, some of the best acting I've ever seen.

Also, Tyrian is a bad mammajamma. If I may:

Official prediction: Arya ends up on the throne.
Hope: Tyrian ends up on the throne, Jon Snow rules the North.

What a show. Can't wait.

I think Jon Snow ends up on the throne. That red haired chick was eyeballing him as if there may be more to him than we all thought. I never bought the whole "Ned's bastard" thing, because Ned doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be out running around on his wife. He seems more like the kind of man who would take the kid in and let the world think he was his bastard in order to protect the kid or someone else.

Back