Length on, SKLZ Gold Flex Strength and Tempo Trainer

jimnycricket65

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.7
There are 40" and 48". Which one to order and why and which one is better(?) for home, range, and course.

I have the 48" as it feels heavier when I swing it, it helps build my core stregenth and also slows me down to a really nice tempo. I feel that I am hitting the ball better since starting to use it.

I have the 48" as it feels heavier when I swing it, it helps build my core stregenth and also slows me down to a really nice tempo. I feel that I am hitting the ball better since starting to use it.

Yup, just like DawgDaddy, I have the 48". The difference is the 40" simulates an "iron" while the 48" simulates a "driver".

I swing it on a daily basis in my back yard focusing on tempo and control. You'll definitely benefit from using one of these things regardless of which one you get.

Is there some basic instructions or a video that comes with it. I am being paranoid that I will engrain a bad swing.

I like the idea of strength training as well as something that I can use to warm up or stretch.

This is the same as the Orange whip. There are some you tube videos on drills for that. I just ordered the Sklz Gold via an eBay seller for 59 delivered. I went with 40 inch even though I am over 6 feet tall. I practice more with an iron as it es easier to groove change with an iron so that will carry over to this

stupid question, but is this basically the orange whip at half the price?

I'm thinking the 40 inch or would work better for me, I'm 5'6" tall, and I'm kind of thinking you could do driver and Iron practice with the 40 inch, depending on how high off the ground you held the end of it ???
Also I think I would like something that would have the whip and weight you need to really get the feel for the tempo & wrist cock and everything, while at the same time having something you could also build up speed with ???
Anyone out there with experience on these, all replies welcome, especially if you have used both the Orange whip and the SKLZ Gold

Also can you change the grip on the SKLZ and or the Orange Whip ???

I too have the 48 inch. What length do you play your driver at? At 40" I would assume it would be shorter than your driver which may not give you the benefit of the long smooth swing it promotes with a driver, and who know, it may work just as well at a shorter length, I have not tried the 40". Another option could be to cut down the 48" GF into the 44"-46" range.

Ok I pitched up a SKLZ Bating practice aid that is similar looking to the Gold Flex Golf Tempo Trainer, thought I'd try it for $30 ?????
It is good for warming up and working your Core Muscles, but it is nowhere near Flimsy enough to really get the Lag Tempo feel that you need.
My local pro shop got some of the Orange Whips in, it doesn't even compare to how flimsy the Orange Whip is at all !!!
Can anyone tell me where the SKLZ Gold Flex is compared to these two in flexibility ???

I watch some videos on YouTube for the Golf SKLZ Gold Flex..
It seemed like some of them showed that it was real flimsy, especially the ones that were being posted in Chinese ???
But then others that seem like they might be a even newer model with the black around and neck by the head, did not seem as flimsy ???
Maybe this was just a perception when somebody who swings better is using it and you do not see is much with and flex ???
Can anybody answer to this from experience.
All input welcome I really appreciate it guys, I would kind a like to get something for half the price if it is indeed flexible compared to the orange whip.

What do you think in the Length ?
As stated before I'm 5' 6"

Many folks have taken swings with mine and they were of varying heights. One of my buddies who is 5'9" has one and he swings his 48" GF at full length.

Ok I pitched up a SKLZ Bating practice aid that is similar looking to the Gold Flex Golf Tempo Trainer, thought I'd try it for $30 ?????
It is good for warming up and working your Core Muscles, but it is nowhere near Flimsy enough to really get the Lag Tempo feel that you need.
My local pro shop got some of the Orange Whips in, it doesn't even compare to how flimsy the Orange Whip is at all !!!
Can anyone tell me where the SKLZ Gold Flex is compared to these two in flexibility ???
It has been a long time since I have swung an OW, some of the guys at the SeeMore outing compared them to each other as there were several of each there. Maybe one of those guys will chime in and give their thoughts.

Yeah after trying the batting practice one from Walmart, I definitely want the 48"
Thank you very much and yeah I hope somebody who has tried both will chime in.

Many folks have taken swings with mine and they were of varying heights. One of my buddies who is 5'9" has one and he swings his 48" GF at full length.

Yeah if it is not quite as flimsy as the OW, I could live with that, but the closer it is to the OW the better !!! :)
But I definitely need something a lot flimsy or then the Walmart batting practice item.
Something I can really give you feedback you need for the lag and let you know when you're doing something wrong.
I was very impressed with the OW but really do not want to fork out that much money if it is not necessary to get a quality item with some really good flexibility in it.
What would be your opinion to that point ?

It has been a long time since I have swung an OW, some of the guys at the SeeMore outing compared them to each other as there were several of each there. Maybe one of those guys will chime in and give their thoughts.

I am going to try my hand posting a link to a YouTube video.
It is in Chinese but can you guys tell me if this is an accurate representation of the flexibility of the current models you would pick up on eBay and what not ?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rmfBCBuxvFU

I think it may have more to do with the frames per second than actual flex on this particular vid. I stopped it at 2:34 and the arms are parallel to the ground as he begins his move down. At 2:35 he is in full follow through. A lot of the swing and flex is missing when I do this. I know that the Gold ball is certainly behind my hands as I bring the GF down from the top, have not tried to measure is with video though.

Well I found a local box store that carries them, so I'm going to swing by and check them out for myself :)
No pun intended :-0
I'll get back with you guys and let you know what I think.

Well I found a local box store that carries them, so I'm going to swing by and check them out for myself :)
No pun intended :-0
I'll get back with you guys and let you know what I think.

I am anxious to see what you think, good luck.

Yeah they had the 40 inch and the 48 inch as well, so I could check them both out and get a feel for them.
Before I spend my money :)

Back