Any experience with Aftermarket adapters?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
Anyone have any experiences (positive or negative) with after market adapters? I have a shaft that I want to put in a club head that rhymes with schmitleist and I don't really feel like paying $300 for a new shaft and OEM adapter. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I am interested in the thoughts too. I just bought a Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited and am debating between pulling a shaft from a OEM SureFit adapter or going with a CMX aftermarket adapter.

I am interested in the thoughts too. I just bought a Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited and am debating between pulling a shaft from a OEM SureFit adapter or going with a CMX aftermarket adapter.

yup. Me as well. Stuck is good word. I have the Titleist shaft I ordered but want a different one tipped to play. Still sucks that they don't sell these.

yup. Me as well. Stuck is good word. I have the Titleist shaft I ordered but want a different one tipped to play. Still sucks that they don't sell these.

I agree. If they wanted to improve their position in driver sales I am sure not selling SureFit adapters separately is affecting the number of drivers they sale.

If you do buy another adapter and install another shaft yourself, Titleist tip trims all driver shafts except the stock Diamana's when they install the SureFit adapter. They say that working with the shaft manufacturer and Titleist R&D the shaft plays closer to spec being tip trimmed.

I agree. If they wanted to improve their position in driver sales I am sure not selling SureFit adapters separately is affecting the number of drivers they sale.

If you do buy another adapter and install another shaft yourself, Titleist tip trims all driver shafts except the stock Diamana's when they install the SureFit adapter. They say that working with the shaft manufacturer and Titleist R&D the shaft plays closer to spec being tip trimmed.

I have the Diamana currently. Not sure if that is god or bad.

I just emailed a place up here in MA. I'll let you know what they say.

I have found the adjustments on the CMX ones are all out of whack. I had two of them and the same setting on both didn't do the same thing so I'm pretty sure they are junk.
That was 3 or 4 years ago so perhaps they've improved since then?
I remember reading online that many people were having problems with them at the time.

I have found the adjustments on the CMX ones are all out of whack. I had two of them and the same setting on both didn't do the same thing so I'm pretty sure they are junk.
I remember reading online that many people were having problems with them at the time.

I did notice GolfWorks has stopped selling them.

Thank you for responding AG. I have never gotten into this prior to so I have no knowledge. I contacted a licensed club guy in MA and am waiting to hear back. Golfsmith was no help (not their fault) and obviously Titleist wanted $330 for a new shaft and adapter

I have the Diamana currently. Not sure if that is god or bad.

I don't think it is a bad thing. I'm guess on this but I'm thinking that the stock shaft is made for them by Mitsubishi to a spec that doesn't require tip trimming.

I don't think it is a bad thing. I'm guess on this but I'm thinking that the stock shaft is made for them by Mitsubishi to a spec that doesn't require tip trimming.

Thanks! like I said, I have no clue haha

Its a real shame the OEM adapters command almost 60 bucks on the bay. If you bid the auctions you can usually win for just above 40.00. Avoid the "OEM adapters" from China...they aren't OEM.

Its a real shame the OEM adapters command almost 60 bucks on the bay. If you bid the auctions you can usually win for just above 40.00. Avoid the "OEM adapters" from China...they aren't OEM.

Dude I would pay $60. I can't buy a real OEM FW adapter. That's what bugs me. Heck I would pay $100. It is still significantly less than the shaft I want to put it in.

I have played some after market sure fit adaptors ( ones with gray rings) with no issues

I have played some after market sure fit adaptors ( ones with gray rings) with no issues

Thanks man! I'm hoping I can get the one I have pulled, but if not, that will be the route I go. No way am I paying for a new shaft from Titleist.

I bought a TN R1 adaptor from China. It broke within about 10 swings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything I have used from billybobs golf has been great.

Everything I have used from billybobs golf has been great.

Did you use the ones that have the silver adjustment piece?

they work fine i have used a few

I've used 3 adaptors with 3 different shafts for my 913D 2 and have never had any issues. All mine have come direclty from Golfworks - My club builder installed 2 and I think they installed the other when I bought a shaft. I think the biggest part would be to make sure you find a builder you trust have worked with.

I've used 3 adaptors with 3 different shafts for my 913D 2 and have never had any issues. All mine have come direclty from Golfworks - My club builder installed 2 and I think they installed the other when I bought a shaft. I think the biggest part would be to make sure you find a builder you trust have worked with.

Thanks man. I appreciate the thoughts !

It's almost impossible to find an OEM adapter for Titleist drivers. I got an after market off of eBay and it works fine. I spoke with a club fitter and he said that - at worst - your club would be stuck in the factory setting (for Titleist that would be A1 for a right hander) but if it had that characteristic "wobble" than you'll get some adjustment with it. Now whether or not that adjustment matches the OEM is another story entirely. I have mine in and it works great. If you need to know the seller I bought it from, let me know.

I have used quite a few aftermarket adapters for my old 910 driver and never had issues. Most of the adapters I get now I order straight from China and just try to keep a small stock of them. Never had any issues with the probably 30 or so I have used for different brands.

Back