Length on, SKLZ Gold Flex Strength and Tempo Trainer

Okay I just got out of my local Golf Galaxy… That has the SKLZ Gold Flex on sale for $49
I looked at the 40" and 48"
Decided on the 48" for the extra lag and work out.
Although the 40" was very affective with a lot of lag I must say.
Very pleased with the flexibility compared to the OW big time !!!! :)
The OW is a little lighter I think, which could be better for speed if you wanted to work on that ????
But I don't think that is the main idea with these types of trainers anyway IMO.
I was swinging in the backyard for a little bit after I got home, and I was really surprised how much of a work out it was !!! :-0
Very very impressed :))))

Just received my 40" sklz. Soon as I get to try it out I'll post.
Wanted for iron workout, so thats why the 40

You have been experimenting with this choking down a little bit.
All I have to do is choke down some on the grip to lighten it up a little bit and get more speed, is also a lot more doable than I thought swinging it in the house even with the 48"
I am absolutely loving this thing :)
I got one of my old head covers to put over it in my bag, so everybody and their brother doesn't ask me what it is :)

I meant to say" I have been experimenting" … :-/

All I have to do is choke down some on the grip to lighten it up a little bit and get more speed, is also a lot more doable than I thought swinging it in the house even with the 48"
I got one of my old head covers to put over it in my bag, so everybody and their brother doesn't ask me what it is :)

I like this idea, not so much for not having folks ask about it but mine now looks pretty battered from being in the bag so long and getting beat up moving in and out of cars.

I am thinking seriously about investing in one after swings DD's this past weekend. I can definitely see a lot of benefits in it. Thinking I may go with the 48" and cut 2 or 3 inches off to give it a little more versatility.

Had mine in my bag for months, and really only had 1 person ask me. I love my 48" sklz gold flex, and use it before every round to stretch out. I've started using it a little between rounds for some core work, and think it's been helping.

Yeah this definitely will help out with working the core muscles big time !!!

And just another to the top reminder to everybody...
GOLF GALAXY has these on sale for $49 you can get the 40" or the 48"
They are regularly like $69 for the 48" and $59 for the 40"
For that price you could get one of each for the cost of a OW... I'm just saying :)
But really I'm finding with the 48" I can just choke down and change the swing weight and length as I was saying before, it is really a lot more versatile than I first thought... Big-time !!!!

I too have the 48 inch. What length do you play your driver at? At 40" I would assume it would be shorter than your driver which may not give you the benefit of the long smooth swing it promotes with a driver, and who know, it may work just as well at a shorter length, I have not tried the 40". Another option could be to cut down the 48" GF into the 44"-46" range.

Does anyone know for sure if you can Cut Down and Regrip the 48" model SKLZ Gold Flex ????
Some are saying they don't think you can ?

Does anyone know for sure if you can Cut Down and Regrip the 48" model SKLZ Gold Flex ????
Some are saying they don't think you can ?
don't know for sure but it is a straight shaft so I know you could regrip. only thing I don't know is if a cut down 48" would work like a 40" or if the shafts have different flexes. I did choke down on my 48" and it changes the feel quite a bit.

don't know for sure but it is a straight shaft so I know you could regrip. only thing I don't know is if a cut down 48" would work like a 40" or if the shafts have different flexes. I did choke down on my 48" and it changes the feel quite a bit.

Yeah I choke down about three inches with my right hand to the front end of the grip.
Works great this way for me as far as flex and length.
But if I try to choke down to what would be about a 40" length for an Iron length, or so I can swing it in the house, the but of the grip hits my stomach :-0
So I was going to cut 3" off

Yeah I choke down about three inches with my right hand to the front end of the grip.
But if I try to choke down to what would be about a 40" length for an Iron length, or so I can swing it in the house, the but of the grip hits my stomach :-0
have you tried contacting sklz?

Just go grab a 40" while they are still on sale at your Golf Galaxy. You will have two in varying lengths and will still have less $ into them than if you bought one Orange Whip.

Yeah 48" is too long it throughs me off, I want to cut it down.

Back