Dv8 interchangeable clubs

A very cool idea, I personally would want a different grip for my putter. As a guy with a small vehicle it is intriguing, but I don't see myself jumping in on this. Love to see people innovate though!

cool idea but putting together a club for every shot would make some play even slower

Even someone speedy with a wrench, this isn't going to be as fast as grabbing a real club. Not to mention, I'm not sure building a club for your next shot is quite legal?

I can see the downfalls of this product but I honestly think it is a very cool idea. It is unlikely that I would make a purchase because I don't have the need but the innovation is impressive.

Even someone speedy with a wrench, this isn't going to be as fast as grabbing a real club. Not to mention, I'm not sure building a club for your next shot is quite legal?

from watching the video, the club is 3 pieces, handle, shaft and club head. The handle and shaft are connected with the wrench once, and then the heads have plug in adaptor that looks pretty simple to take on/off. Each head has a different length adaptor so that is what will change the club length.

Fairly ingenious and I can see the benefits, but think it will be tough to catch on.

Seems like a cool idea but not sure overall. Any tolerance difference between club head adaptors would create wiggle. Not sure I'm sold.

even if they solve any feel/performance issues, and even if the speed of play is not impacted, I think there is one critical problem with this concept - it doesn't fill an actual need. It attempts to solve the problem of being able to golf when transporting clubs isn't convenient or even possible. There are so many ways to solve that problem already, though. loaner/rental clubs are readily available in a great many places. Of course, many will prefer to bring their own equipment for many reasons, but for traveling, your primary set can be shipped or checked relatively easily. A traditional backup set can be kept in a locker at the course, if in-town transportation is the issue. What other times could this really be useful?

It's a cool novelty and I agree that it's nice to see people innovate. There is a certain geek factor here that I admit is attractive. I just don't see where this could fit in today's golf market.

Funny to see this thread. I literally just got off of this site from a link I saw about Rory losing his clubs on united. Its a neat concept but in the end its a gimmick. You'll never see tour players grabbing their DV8 set to play. This is sharper image type equipment. You got money to burn, but don't want to take the sport seriously with your equipment here you go. I do like the concept though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's an interesting concept...but I'm not sure there's a market for it, aside from, say, someone who travels often and doesn't want to take his golf bag with him? I dunno. Still, it's a very cool concept and execution. I imagine the people who would use it don't care that it probably violates rules against on-course club construction.

This would be better for those ranges that serve drinks like the one in Dallas (maybe?) that THP'ers went to. Maybe even video golf. Buy some sets of these, have some competition format, and serve food and drinks.

Looking at it I notice it offers a SeeMore putter.

Interesting.

As if golf wasn't at times slow enough. Geez.

Interesting concept. I too see it being a cause of slowness. Like they're using Seemore on the putter. That case is pretty sweet though how they have that all set up. Could be a neat set up for fitting I'd think.

I agree with the majority in that it seemingly will create more slow play and drive people nuts, but I think it does open the door to possibilities for adjustable irons or wedges don't ya think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's your market: Guys (and gals) who travel 3 out of 4 weeks for business. You're going to be is Tuscaloosa for 2 days, only one of which has a meeting. Yeah, you could rent clubs, but who know what you'll get, so you travel with your DV8. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I wouldn't pay $1,000 for them but if I were a well paid travelling exec, would I buy one of the less expensive sets? Sure, why not?

As to the speed of play, I don't think it's intended to be a "put your club together before every shot" deal. If that's true, then sure, that's crazy. But if they can find a way to allow the bag to hold the clubs assembled, then you only assemble them once, pre round, which doesn't look to take much time. And, for those of you not sold on performance, they state that the irons are in-line with brand names and that the driver was within 3%...all for a prototype.

I won't be buying as I do not travel too much but if I did, I would consider it. The only thing I see wrong with it is that people will think they are crappy clubs. As long as they end up NOT being crappy clubs, that would not bother me one iota.

there are only one or two shafts included, depending on the set you buy. I am pretty sure you must assemble them with each shot, assuming you need a different club than you did for the last shot. I see a lot of people putting with wedges if this catches on :)

Nice. I was skeptical about quality until I saw that Matrix and Seemore had signed on. I hope it does well.

I would check out the videos, I don't think this would slow play as much people are speculating.

I could definitely see this for the business traveler that wants to have their own set to travel with. I don't like having to haul my clubs through the airport, and like having my own sticks. I could see a niche market for it and love the ideas they have come up.

This should stop people from leaving wedges on the green, since you'll be missing your top half at the next tee

Probably a great idea for the urban golfer that is tired of humping their clubs through the mass transit systems.

Back