Need help identifying a new golf glove...

GeorgiaLefty87

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new glove for weeks now. I am prone to blisters so I'm looking for a glove with maximum padding. I've used FJ and Callaway. I'm thinking I need to try a non traditional glove. I've read about Bionic and Levitee as popular options.

Also, I saw someone at the range the other day, wearing a glove I have never seen before; our anything like it for that matter. It appeared to be a thick fabric that was fully elastic. It looked very comfortable. I regret not asking him about it.

Anyway, I'm in need of something innovative; a non traditional glove that is easy on my hand. I appreciate your time and responses.

You seem to be the target market for a Bionic Glove. I had a student years ago, before Bionic Gloves, that used a batting glove that he said gave him a bit more cushioning.

I've had good experiences with Bionic.

I like the callaway Xspan golf
Glove.

If you're getting blisters you are
Buying the wrong size glove.

Get the snuggest glove you can fit on your hand. It shoud be tight and your fingers should come all the way to the tip. You should be able to Velcro it with a little room to spare for stretching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experiences with gloves are that the smaller they are, the worse my blisters are. I used to use a M/L and was getting terrible blisters. I switched to a large this Spring and I'm still getting blisters, but not as many as I was used to with a M/L.

just started using the TM tour preferred glove and love it size cadet M/L

I recently purchased a Bionic and it has been one of my favorite gloves I ever tried.

I second the bionic. There are a few different lines and the relaxed fit is my favorite

I second the bionic. There are a few different lines and the relaxed fit is my favorite

I will third that. Best glove I've own

Hirzl are amazing.

I was just about to say Hirzl but Scrap beat me to it. Bionic, in my opinion, aren't a whole lot different than anything I've used. But if you really want to avoid blisters (and assuming that you don't develop calluses) the real solution is tape and/or band aids. That, along with talcum and/or frequent removal of the glove should prove much more effective than a different glove.

Bionic gloves aren't designed to prevent blisters but instead to stabilize a grip. Blister prevention might be a byproduct but not the purpose.

Good luck.

Big fan of the Bionic and the Hirzl. Of the two though, Bionic definitely offers a bit more padding (but more for proper placement of a grip).

Used Bionic for awhile and loved them. For no reason I decided to try out Mizuno lately and have enjoyed them. Try Bionic, tons of padding.

I love Hirzl the really work for me the leather on the control glove is a little thicker than normal leather and there wear is out standing i threw away my last wone becaue it stunk and was getting crusty not because it wore out

This will make some eye brows rise i wear a ladies large glove as a man as it is just bigger than a mans M/L but smaller than a L mans this is what fits me best so why not worth giving one a try? also if you get blisters try putting a small amount of baby powder in the glove or on you hand before you put it on this helps a lot.

bionic or hirzl are the way to go imo

Oddly enough, as a baseball/softball player that loved the bionic line...I didn't get along with the golf glove.

That said, if your issue is with blisters and you want padding then I would recommend you try it.

bionic or hirzl are the way to go imo

Both brands have several varieties. Which ones have the most padding/thickness below the pinky?

It may be time to change your grips as well as look for a different glove. I only wear a glove off the tee for about a dozen shots per round and never have any blister problems. I can go to the range and hit 250 balls with no glove and never have a problem either. Old or worn grips require tighter grip pressure which will cause blisters and loss of distance. I change my grips at least twice a year to keep them tacky and slip-free.

I've been looking for a new glove for weeks now. I am prone to blisters so I'm looking for a glove with maximum padding. I've used FJ and Callaway. I'm thinking I need to try a non traditional glove. I've read about Bionic and Levitee as popular options.

Also, I saw someone at the range the other day, wearing a glove I have never seen before; our anything like it for that matter. It appeared to be a thick fabric that was fully elastic. It looked very comfortable. I regret not asking him about it.

Anyway, I'm in need of something innovative; a non traditional glove that is easy on my hand. I appreciate your time and responses.

Is this maybe the Zero Friction glove? http://www.tgw.com/customer/categor...cid/1095/sattr0/Color/sattrVal0/White~|~Black

One size fits all, synthetic/lycra material. Haven't tried it myself, but pretty cheap.

Back