Odyssey Putters Thread

I've been going back and forth betwers. 2 are the white hot tour #9 and protype ix #9. Anyone know the difference between the two inserts? Anyone tried them both? I know jlukes has the ix

I have them both and the inserts are the same.

So the only difference is the weights in the ix?

The ix also has a high toe design that changes the feel a bit and helps the putter release a bit smoother through impact.

The ix also has a high toe design that changes the feel a bit and helps the putter release a bit smoother through impact.
Interesting. I really want to try one now. Been pondering going back to an insert, not sure I'm in love with the milling on my protype black anymore

I've been using the ix for the last two rounds and Ike the feel off of the face. I am going to give the White Damascus Black a shot on Thursday.

Last edited:
I've been using the ix for the last two rounds and Ike the feel off of the face. I am going to give the White Damascus Black a shot on Thursday.
I've heard a lot of good things about the ix. Not too familiar with the Damascus tho

I've heard a lot of good things about the ix. Not too familiar with the Damascus tho

It has a much firmer feel than the milled Odyssey putters. The one I am going to use is a solid face and is not a high toe model, I may take the ix version as well, it has the high toe and the Metal X Milled pattern in the face as well. One day I will get to a practice green with all of my putters and compare them, I can imagine the looks I will get carrying a staff bag of #9 putters.

It has a much firmer feel than the milled Odyssey putters. The one I am going to use is a solid face and is not a high toe model, I may take the ix version as well, it has the high toe and the Metal X Milled pattern in the face as well. One day I will get to a practice green with all of my putters and compare them, I can imagine the looks I will get carrying a staff bag of #9 putters.
ah ha I forgot it was you with all the #9s haha. What an amazing collection, I share your love for this head shape. Let me know how things turn out after testing

Just picked this up. These older tour Odyssey Black Series putters are my favorite. Technology and rust makes them tops on my list. Love rust!!!

Will be a nice addition as an alternative to my long neck gamer. Since it's a welded neck moved a bit closer to center, it still has the tiny bit of flow that I prefer. Less then that of a normal plumber.

I picked up a Versa MXM #7 last Friday. I really really like this putter a lot more than the original MXM I had. Couldn't quite vibe on the green.

I have a 36" Versa Tank arriving today to be matched up with a 100gram SuperStroke Flasto 17" grip. I think the weighting is going to be perfect.

The last #9 I need for my collection will be arriving today, I'm thinking of leaving work early to get home and get it.

The last #9 I need for my collection will be arriving today, I'm thinking of leaving work early to get home and get it.

Who was the lone remaining holdout?

ProType ix non HT

Awesome! That's a collection that not many (if only one) people can say they have. You said Austie was helping you find out which ones you needed?

Awesome! That's a collection that not many (if only one) people can say they have. You said Austie was helping you find out which ones you needed?

Yup, kept sending him pictures and he would tell me what I needed. Going to send him one of the full collection tomorrow.

Yup, kept sending him pictures and he would tell me what I needed. Going to send him one of the full collection tomorrow.

That's fantastic stuff, wonder if he had to do some research to find out what was next. Regardless, now you have the full encyclopedia on them!

Congrats on picking up the last one you needed. I'm sure you enjoyed the education and hunt!!

ProType ix non HT

That's a solid collection! I'm just starting mine and think my 1st complete collection will be all the MXM's. I need rossie, #6 & #9....

Picked up a new protype ix #1 from the bay for 195!!!

Picked up a new protype ix #1 from the bay for 195!!!

All the #9s are way too expensive! Callaway/Odyssey has them backordered right now too. OC pickup is looking less and less likely.

All the #9s are way too expensive! Callaway/Odyssey has them backordered right now too. OC pickup is looking less and less likely.
I know. all over 270

I know. all over 270

It's a bummer, but what are ya gonna do? I'll just keep killing it with the MXM #9 like I have in recent rounds.

I'll have to fight you for one, I've been searching too hahahaha. Package deal?

I'll have to fight you for one, I've been searching too hahahaha. Package deal?

No more competition from me. I just got it through Odyssey thinking I'd have it for OC but I don't know anymore.

Back