Odyssey Putters Thread

Good looking flat stick right there.

Hopefully Team Thp gets a crack at gaming these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crossing my fingers!

This bad boy showed up today and I immediately love the feel. It's soft for being a milled putter which I love. It will be the first time in a very long time in trying a blade so it should be interesting to see the results.

531143f79486f73a9a5c31f248e2700d.jpg

beb81a240593f1a360e4cee82f7691bd.jpg

This bad boy showed up today and I immediately love the feel. It's soft for being a milled putter which I love. It will be the first time in a very long time in trying a blade so it should be interesting to see the results.

Shiny! Such a cool looking putter! I hope she performs well for you.

Just throw a Flat Cat on there and you are good to go...

Well I had 3 Odyssey putters show up today, two will be going back once I decide which I like best. 35" versa jailbird w/ ss pistol
gtr 1.0, 35" o-works rline w/flatso 1.0 50gram countercore, 36" o-works red 7 w/ Winn avs+ grip (would probably swap this grip for my rosemark thorn 1.52 if I decide to keep this one).

So far I'm enjoying the extra length of the 7 as I'm 6'2 and stay fairly upright but this has just been on my small mat so far and need to go to a real putting green to really get a feel for them.

Edit: well I decided to go with the 7, tried putting my rosemark on it but the grip was much too lite. So for now I'm going to stick with the stock grip and maybe down the line try something with a similar weight.

Last edited:
I can't wait to hear more, I know there are a few around holding their lips not to spill the beans!!!

I can't wait to hear more, I know there are a few around holding their lips not to spill the beans!!!

Saw that! :banana:

Really damn cool beans about to be spilled!

Excited to see what is coming!!!

Need some help on finding a centre shafted odyssey mallet putter, I really liked the inserts and looks of these putters in store which weren't centre shafted, but I'm pining for a centre shafted one.

Are there any particular product names I should look out for?

I don’t think I can wait until March to place my order for a putter but when you find something you like in seconds you don’t question it.

I don’t think I can wait until March to place my order for a putter but when you find something you like in seconds you don’t question it.

Haha which putter you goin with?

Haha which putter you goin with?

New exo model Took all of 2 seconds to fall in love with it. Something about the size and feel with the ERC soft just worked and caught my attention.

New exo model Took all of 2 seconds to fall in love with it. Something about the size and feel with the ERC soft just worked and caught my attention.

7 Mini or other new EXO?

Odyssey Putters Thread

7 Mini or other new EXO?

Either one. If first choice doesn’t have DB option then I’ll go 7 mini

4ff9b0ebbea40dea935ef1954f8a5f8d.jpg

Love my O-works black 2W. Added the same long grip the tank cruiser used to have.

Either one. If first choice doesn’t have DB option then I’ll go 7 mini

4ff9b0ebbea40dea935ef1954f8a5f8d.jpg

Sweet. I started a new thread for them if you have any thoughts you want to drop in there.

That thing is awesome! I personally play with a #2 which I bought at PGASS in Las Vegas in October, and it's in pristine condition. I found it in the used section for $80, and it felt amazing.

In doing some research, the putter is forged from 1025 carbon steel, which is evidently "softer" than 303 Stainless Steel (like the usual variety SC) and even German Stainless Steel. The rust-preventing coating evidently dulls a bit of that softness, but I was really surprised by not only the price point, but also the fact that Odyssey doesn't still make these. I actually like mine so much, I may just buy another one.

I wonder if the response from the general public was not well-received, as this putter is a stray from the Odyssey insert-style putter. Regardless, I've never felt anything like it, and I feel like I'm now ruined from bagging my Tank 1W ever again.

-Bishop

That thing is awesome! I personally play with a #2 which I bought at PGASS in Las Vegas in October, and it's in pristine condition. I found it in the used section for $80, and it felt amazing.

In doing some research, the putter is forged from 1025 carbon steel, which is evidently "softer" than 303 Stainless Steel (like the usual variety SC) and even German Stainless Steel. The rust-preventing coating evidently dulls a bit of that softness, but I was really surprised by not only the price point, but also the fact that Odyssey doesn't still make these. I actually like mine so much, I may just buy another one.

I wonder if the response from the general public was not well-received, as this putter is a stray from the Odyssey insert-style putter. Regardless, I've never felt anything like it, and I feel like I'm now ruined from bagging my Tank 1W ever again.

-Bishop

It's definitely a great putter. I've really cut my putter collection down but I don't see myself ever getting rid of this one. One of these days I should get it extended though.

-Bishop
I have the ProType #3 and absolutely love it. At some point I will have to purchase a 350g version.

I believe that the Protype followed the Black Tour Series which is also a great feeling putter by the way.

It's definitely a great putter. I've really cut my putter collection down but I don't see myself ever getting rid of this one. One of these days I should get it extended though.

I'm with you on this. I don't think it'll ever come out of the bag!

I have the ProType #3 and absolutely love it. At some point I will have to purchase a 350g version.

I believe that the Protype followed the Black Tour Series which is also a great feeling putter by the way.

I've seen the Black Tour on eBay, as well. The price isn't quite right, but may decide to pull the trigger at some point. My #2 is 350g, and I actually believe it's been shortened to 33", which is actually perfect for me.

-Bishop

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know if Odyssey did anything to change swing weight when moving from 34” to 35” on the White Hot Pro #7 putters?

From what I have found they only made one headweight for this version of the 7, so would they have done anything else to change the swing weight?

I know that going from 34” to 35” the swingweight goes up 6 points and I could add 24g of grip weight to bring it back to standard (d8 I believe I measured it at). Currently I’m at 36” E6 I believe with a 120g gram, but considering going back to to 35” and was thinking about going back to stock grip.

Back