Favorite Toys When You Were A Kid

As a little kid anything Star Wars, He-man or GI Joe. I also played with legos and musclemen. Loved cruising in my Night Rider Big Wheel, or banana seat bicycle that was passed down from one child to the next.
As I got older GT Bikes, Powell Peralta Skate Boards, and Burton Snow Boards.

GI Joe & He Man. I have tons of them my oldest niece likes to play with now.
Heck, I taught myself to swim for a new He Man ACTION FIGURE. I'd over heard my Mom saying something about only doing one or the other so I dove in the pool and figured it out. Picked up Skeletor that afternoon.

I remember some of these toys!

When I was a kid I could play for hours with Match Box cars, loved them and they pre-dated Hot Wheels for me.

It's obvious reading some of these responses where some of us are very similarly aged. Speaking of He-Man, I had seen somewhere having a sale on the 30TH!! Anniversary edition of the series on DVD/Blu-Ray this week...man we are getting older.

Somewhat related, when we were up outside of Atlantic City last year, there was a toys/games store in the mall that had an awesome He-Man diorama in the window. Awesome to see someone else appreciate the toys of your youth. The link below shows some pictures of that if anyone else wants to see them.

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/201...ayskull-diorama-by-farpoint-toys-collectibles

Spent way too much time on one of these.
y9y7uvy7.jpg

My sister had one of those & I remember us playing with it a good bit.
Then I turned 10 and got a job.

For me, it was anything and everything Star Wars. I had so many of the action figures (small and large) and ships and playsets. I still have most of them, in pretty decent condition, in boxes in my garage.

I have the He-Man action figures and also a box full of the Marvel and DC ones too...saved all of them.
Hoping my son picks them up and enjoys them when he gets old enough.

When I was young in korea, I played with two screw drivers. Had no toys because we were very poor. My mom taking care of two kids as a single mother. Then I took apart a radio and she took took them away. I was left to play with only sticks :(

Back in the old days ... before Stars Wars etc ... we used our imaginations ...

Like the previous post said ... a broom stick named Trigger ... a large cardboard box became a tank or a spaceship ... we rode the wheels off our bikes ... wore out baseball gloves and played football

We pretended we were Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, Johnny U ...

merlin2.jpg

I loved my merlin

Had a He-Man sword and matching underwear I was quit fond of. But my favorite toy of my child hood was actually a pair of calipers my dad had in his electronics tool case. He owned an sound installation business that was his second job. I'd often go with him and when there wasn't anything for me to do, I'd grab those calipers and pretend it was a six shooter. I capped a lot of bad guys back then. I encourage my kids to use their imagination, but they usually just play Minecraft. Close enough I guess.

Dukes of hazard big wheel! And Stomper trucks for sure. Use to run them thru puddles then they would stop working. But once they dried out they were good to go again.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Those Dukes of Hazzard Big Wheels were awesome. I didn't have a very good place to ride at my house, but had a friend with a nice concrete drive and we spent hours playing there. You could ride down the hill from the street to their carport and then yank that brake and slide sideways. Heck, if they made an adult sized version today, I'm pretty sure I would own one.

When I was young it was Transformers, Dukes of Hazard stuff, and any dump truck it backhoe. When my brother and I got older, we found an old, rusty hatchet which got thrown at trees in the woods. Such great ideas we had lol :eek:

Sounds much like me, except when I got a little older, my friends and I had machete's and made trails all through the woods around our houses.

Haha, this is basically a 'date yourself' thread. It is interesting to see that dividing line where digital games became the predominant entertainment.

Me, when I was really young it was Corgi Toys, Hotwheels, and Erector Sets. By the time I was 10 though, I was taking my new Atala 10-speed over the ferry and exploring Staten Island.

In contrast, my wife just let her 14yr old daughter ride her bike 1mi or so to visit her friend for the first time...

It's so sad that kids today can't enjoy so many of the same freedoms we did as kids. Heck, I can remember riding my bike home (close to 2 miles) when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade. Heck, by the time my friends and I were 12, we needed no other form of transportation. It was 6 miles to my best friend's house and we never gave a second though to riding to each other's place... sometimes several times per day.

When I was really young around the early 90's my siblings and I had these WWF wrestler shaped pillows. I had Macho Man Randy Savage, my brother had Hulk Hogan, and my sister had a guy that was dressed in green. I can't remember who the last one was exactly, but we tossed those things around like crazy.

Edit: They are the WWF Wrestling buddies. And my sisters was The Million Dollar Man. Boy I miss those things.

wrestling-buddies.jpg

When I was really young around the early 90's my siblings and I had these WWF wrestler shaped pillows. I had Macho Man Randy Savage, my brother had Hulk Hogan, and my sister had a guy that was dressed in green. I can't remember who the last one was exactly, but we tossed those things around like crazy.

OMG!! I definitely remember these!!

I really want to buy a couple of these and save for when I have kids, they just don't make toys like those anymore.

Edit: They are the WWF Wrestling buddies. And my sisters was The Million Dollar Man. Boy I miss those things.

wrestling-buddies.jpg

Sgt. Slaughter? My two brothers and I had all 3 as well. I actually met Sgt. Slaughter in an airport once. Nice guy.

A baseball and a glove

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just picked these up.

u9yhy8uv.jpg

I don't remember the name, but it was a baseball board game with little disc cards for the players and a spinner.

My only toy when I was a kid was a hockey stick and a pair of roller blades.
I loved that old KoHo!

rasegemy.jpg

Besides ninja turtles and power rangers, my favorite toy as a 90s baby was Stretch Arm Strong! He was awesome until he broke open lol

Back