DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ... I haven't played Twin Shields in forever. I grew up playing there with my father. I'd be willing to go there with you. I work in Alexandria and can play some afternoons. Just let me know.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Finally got to play at Old Hickory In Woodbridge. That is one special golf course - beautiful layout, some challenging terrain and in very nice shape. Greens rolling great.
Beat me up but still loved the place; highly recommend it.

Definitely agree with you! Beautiful place

Finally got to play at Old Hickory In Woodbridge. That is one special golf course - beautiful layout, some challenging terrain and in very nice shape. Greens rolling great.

Agree as well. I hold a special place of hate for #18. I can't tell you how many drives I've hit there, with several different clubs that looked right down the middle, but never found the ball.

Anyone in Calvert Country? I try to play at Twin Shields and Mellomar as often as possible. Would like to meet up with some THPers...

Wow ... I haven't played Twin Shields in forever. I grew up playing there with my father. I'd be willing to go there with you. I work in Alexandria and can play some afternoons. Just let me know.

Wow, Twin Shields is still in operation? I'd be open to playing out there sometime.

+1 agree

DC MD VA Area Chat

Well as some of you may have seen. I had an unfortunate incident this week and will be on the shelf for 3 weeks or so.

So bummed about missing the Bridgestone OC Invitational.

Will have to at least get some local rounds in with you guys after I'm recovered and you can tell me all about it.

Last edited:
Well as some of you may have seen. I had an unfortunate incident this week and will be on the shelf for 3 weeks or so.

So bummed about missing the Bridgestone OC Invitational.

Will have to at least get some local rounds in with you guys after I'm recovered and you can tell me all about it.

Damn dude ... That sucks. What happened?

DC MD VA Area Chat

Damn dude ... That sucks. What happened?

A lady backed into me in a parking lot. Knocked me on my ass, and bent my knee in backwards.

It's "only" a Grade 2 sprain. So treatment is rest, ice, home PT and Aleve

So now i not only miss the OC event but The Solstice at Musket Ridge on the 30th as well.

Last edited:
That really sucks! Get well and we will see you soon on the links

CAA_Beat:

Really sorry to hear about your injury. I know how you were looking so forward to both events. The OC event, I can understand, however, I must admit that I never understood the attraction to the Solstice when one must get up with the ducks. Look at it this way, now you get to sleep in. Hopefully, you will be up and about in short order and we can get some rounds in.

Thanks UVA. You always have a way of looking on the brite-side.

Thanks. Hope to be working my way back slowly over the next couple weeks. But not so fast that I jeopardize re-injuring myself any worse.

Thanks UVA. You always have a way of looking on the brite-side.

Thanks. Hope to be working my way back slowly over the next couple weeks. But not so fast that I jeopardize re-injuring myself any worse.

We will honor you on a few holes this weekend. :)

A lady backed into me in a parking lot. Knocked me on my ass, and bent my knee in backwards.

It's "only" a Grade 2 sprain. So treatment is rest, ice, home PT and Aleve

So now i not only miss the OC event but The Solstice at Musket Ridge on the 30th as well.
Sorry to hear about this just really bad timing. Heal fast but also take it easy so you can get back out there.

Hopefully after the OC event I can get a little DMV area event set up for later in the summer.

Take care

Sorry to hear about this just really bad timing. Heal fast but also take it easy so you can get back out there.

Hopefully after the OC event I can get a little DMV area event set up for later in the summer.

Take care

Thanks Jessie. I really wanted to wait and see how it felt on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week to see if I could manage it with several Aleve.

But I wanted to make sure whoever was on hrs wait list had enough time to make plans. And I didn't want a potential partner to get stuck with a partner playing on one leg. Ha

Definitely will look forward to a DMV get together.

Just saw this CAA. Hard to believe that you are going to miss your favorite outing of the year, The Solstice. Get better and maybe we can set up a old guy outing later this summer.

Just saw this CAA. Hard to believe that you are going to miss your favorite outing of the year, The Solstice. Get better and maybe we can set up a old guy outing later this summer.

I'm in!

At Musket Ridge?

I'll play wherever ... Just give me enough notice. Driving is not at issue. It all depends where & when ... Especially when I have my kids.

Well in all honesty Terp. As much as I love the Solstice. It was taking a back seat to Td OC event. I was so excited and pumped for it.

But the biggest event of the year is still to come for me. The Bridgestone Invitational in September. That will be an all-timer

But yes let's get an old guy round in very soon. I have to send you an email to catch you up on a few things.

I'll play wherever ... Just give me enough notice. Driving is not at issue. It all depends where & when ... Especially when I have my kids.

Oh ok. I thought you meant in The Solstice. I was really going to be upset if I missed seeing you there.

But yes as soon as I can get around again (maybe 2 more weeks) we'll definitely work it out around your schedule.

Oh ok. I thought you meant in The Solstice. I was really going to be upset if I missed seeing you there.

But yes as soon as I can get around again (maybe 2 more weeks) we'll definitely work it out around your schedule.

Nah ... Too much going on for me to play in the Solstice. I was just glad to get in the O.C. this weekend at the last minute

Nah ... Too much going on for me to play in the Solstice. I was just glad to get in the O.C. this weekend at the last minute

Definitely enjoy the OC Invitational, a good representation from our area is going to be there.

DC MD VA Area Chat

Posted this in the QL thread as well.

I have two passes to the Quicken Loan National, good for any day if anyone is interested.

Only Caveat is you'd have to get them from me in Rockville during the day. Unless you live in or around Columbia and want to meet early am or after work.

I'll most likely have other extra ones later in the week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back