Hopkins Golf Irons Review Thread

Hawk, are they using PURE Grips?

The in-hand pictures really look great! Although they don't sound like an iron that would work well for me, they do look amazing.

The grip is a Hopkins branded Lamkin Crossline.

Hawk I really like the sounds of these both in looks and in the trajectory department.

Would like to see what you can do with these with a better fitting shaft to your swing. A club shorter with a heavy stiffer shaft w/more traditional lofts isn't bad IMO.

Hawk I really like the sounds of these both in looks and in the trajectory department.

Would like to see what you can do with these with a better fitting shaft to your swing. A club shorter with a heavy stiffer shaft w/more traditional lofts isn't bad IMO.

Agreed. Pretty much what I anticipated and no negatives there. Just a different style of iron.

These kind of remind me of the Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro irons. And I loved those. Can't wait to hear more about these

True ... they do look like Hogans

I've made a comparison (size of the blade) to the Cleveland 588 CB's a couple times, but do want to stop in and say that the sole on these is a little wider. Nothing earth shattering, but just to CMA in case anybody is considering a purchase.

Anyone get a chance to hit these?

Anyone get a chance to hit these?

A playing partner had a set (bought at the $599 price) that I used for a few rounds since he was trying to sell them. They looked fine at address and were moderately forgiving for the size and shape. That said, I much preferred my Maltby TEs, which to me were both more forgiving and better feeling as an iron in the same class. Honestly I did not see anything special that would recommend the Hopkins irons.

Anyone gotten any time in with these besides Hawk?

Anyone heard how these are doing sales wise for Hopkins?

The initial order was quite small and I highly doubt many have sold. I don't think Hopkins expected anything different though.

I play these for over a season. Was wondering if Hawk had thoughts on these vs 716 AP2...716 CB...Nike Vapor Pro Combo...thanks

I've honestly really been pondering these. I played Mizuno mp 53 and really liked them. The Hopkins look similar although the Hopkins are cast. I have a couple of the wedges and really get along with them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Back