Golf Cart Accident = End of Season

Bummer! Wishing you a complete recovery.

Tagging on to an older thread....

People can do some crazy things on golf carts....we had a guy fracture some ribs after falling out of a cart.

PS, OP, I hope you're doing well this season with your comeback.

Last edited:
Man I hate that for you but I am very relieved that you will recover 100%. I have seen some bad stuff happen with golf carts.

Thanks for the laugh this morning with the Fails video.

Sorry as hell to hear this.

But if it's not too soon to ask, can I borrow your handicap for the rest of the season since you won't be using it?

That sucks At least it was only the wrist and not more

I'm back to playing, but amazed at how slowly the recovery has gone. More than nine months after the surgery, my left wrist and fingers are still swollen and stiff. I started playing again in March, and for the most part things are pretty well back to normal as far as the swing goes. I do have to do some flexibility exercises each morning to get the left hand limber for the day. Can't help to think my game will improve along with my recovery.

I will say that not being able to play for six months has changed my perspective on the game for the better. I think I'm a little happier to just be out there doing something I love opposed to obsessing over how to play an imperfect game perfectly.

This months Golf Digest had an article about golf cart accidents (mostly specific to driving them drunk). Surprising how many serious injuries & deaths they cause each year.

Every time I see this thread I feel terrible for the OP.

Every time I see this thread I feel terrible for the OP.

As the OP, thanks for your sympathy. I appreciate it.

During the early stages of the recovery it was helpful for me to keep reminding myself about the many people who have been dealt hands far worse than my own. Any time the "woe with me" thoughts would start creeping in I just thought of those dealing with losses far greater than a few months of golf. In the big picture, I'm a very lucky man. I've been married to the same beautiful woman for 29 years, we've got two great kids who are well on their way to becoming equally great young men (one's a Sgt. in the Marine Corps [two tours: Iraq & Afghanistan], the other a year away from earning his doctorate in pharmacy), I'm putting the finishing touches on a 30-year career in public education, and excepting the occasional broken bone, I've enjoyed a lifetime of good health. And, in light of the tomorrow's holiday, I'm proud to be a citizen of our great country.

I do appreciate your kind words, but I'm good. It's all good.

100% true.

Back