Whats your favorite driver of all time?

SLDR, without a doubt.

Richard Petty?

Do not really have a favorite golf driver ... they all hate me, and I hate them ...

(Sorry I have weird sense of humor)

Cobra Amp Cell

Hard to say really. I loved my 983, 905s, XL 270, and CXL, for various reasons, but I'm growing more and more fond of the Nike VRs (2012 model) that I picked up a few weeks ago, as a stop gap measure really. I have never seen such consistency with a driver before! I'm talking average distance and dispersion though, but who knows, with the right shaft this could easily be the best ever for me all around. This thing is just a fairway splitter, more so than my 3w, or 5w.

I've had a handful and hit quite a few more and my favorite by far is my Ping G20 w/the tour stiff shaft.

Runner up would be the Nickent 4dx.

Most 'off the rack' drivers have to light of a shaft and/or too low of a kick point. The g20 has been my goldilocks driver so far.

I haven't tried many driver in my time and don't remember what I had but in my younger days but I would have to say it is my new Big Bertha. I reckon it is that good.

I don't think I can narrow it to just one. My driver game has been my strength for years. The original Nike was amazing for me although others hated it. The Nike SQ was equally as good. Really liked the Ignite too...lol

But all time? RFX or Big Bertha Alpha

Since I'm an early riser been reading all these about the last hour and got me thinking. Since I have a bad swing about the only driver I can keep in the fairway has to be an offset. Have tried a lot, have an R1 now. My favorites:
Cobra SS 350 Offset
Cobra SZ 400 Offset
Adams Speedline Draw (offset)

Hope I can remember this when looking for the magic club. Don't have to do everything right, just aim and swing.

1) CAC
2) TM R7 TP quad 425. Stupidly sold it to a buddy for £20 when I bought a R11. Loved the thing
3) TM R5

Taylormade burner 07. Only one i have ever gamed

Yamaha E.O.S. I played the hell out of that as a teen and absolutely crushed the ball with it.
Cleveland Launcher Just long and consistent.
Callaway RAZR Fit Extreme it's in the bag and starting to be automatic for me.
Ping I-25 every time I have hit it I love it even more than the last.

What's strange to me is how many people are speaking of drivers not very old yet they aren't in their bag.
I actually hard pondered putting a Razr Fit and its callawaygolfpreowned price tag of $79 back in the bag this spring.

Went with the Big Bertha instead. I'm not sure it was a mistake.

1. FTI-Q Tour Fubuki shaft
2. SuperTri
3. SLDR

Original TM r7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me the Cleveland Classic 290, so much so I owned it twice, lol.

Still the 907 D2. I know a ton of people didn't care for it, and maybe it's just the shaft, but it works for me and I've gone back to it from a Diablo, D100, and RBZ Stage 2 that I thought were going to kick it out of the bag.
Trust me, I'd LOVE to have something kick it out. But to do that, a driver's got to be longer or straighter or make me a hit with the ladies, or take out my garbage or SOMETHING the 907 doesn't already do, and it hasn't happened yet for me.

The Nike VRs is quickly becoming my favorite driver after today's round. It's not the longest driver I've ever had, but I sure hit a lot of fairways, even on holes where I normally don't hit driver because there is trouble on both sides.

My current Callaway X Hot 13.5* HT shortened to 44" still haven't found anything as forgiving and consistent the Ping G25 came close but I am going to try a 12* Cleveland 588 Altitude soon.

my best driver in terms of consistently hitting the fairway was a nike sumo sq 2 i could not get this thing to do anything but go straight but tried a rbz driver and gained 50 yards so it went still keep looking for a nice one to use as a 3 wood in the bag :(

Titleist 983E. Still use it 10 years later.

Man that was a great one, I loved that driver lol.

What's strange to me is how many people are speaking of drivers not very old yet they aren't in their bag.

I'd love to have the latest and greatest but it's just not affordable for me right now, the Apex is better than my Titleist and the SLDR but out of reach.

I've only had three drivers in my 4 years of golfing and don't feel I've found the "magic" one yet.....but the first one I ever used was given to me and it's still the one I use most.

It's an old NIKE sumo 16* and it is DEAD STRAIGHT every hit. I can hit that thing 250 yards (adding the roll to the total). I know I'm losing yards since it's 16 degrees of loft but it's fairway money every time.

I've got a Callaway Octane 10.5 and IF I catch it right I can get more than 250 yards BUT......I slice it probably a third of the time, even with my really strong grip.

So I would say that I haven't yet found my favorite driver. But I would also say that I haven't spent much looking for one either. So far my time has been spent on finding other clubs, like hybrids and wedges.

Ping G2. First oversize driver I had. Aldila nv shaft and it just sounded so sweet. Used it for years until just recently, as the head eventually cracked. So I got a G25 a couple of months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back