Driver fitting or fitting in general

Matthew

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm finally going to break down and get fitted for a new driver but I'm not sure when the best time to do it would be. I'm targeting the end of July for funding purposes or would I be better off to wait until Spring when the models hit the shelves?
I'm not concerned with resale value or having the latest & greatest but don't want to short myself on options.
Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might as well do it now. If you end up buying anything by Taylor Made, it will be an old model in 3 months anyway LOL.

There are some great drivers out on the market now, so I don't think you'll be short on options. Is there something "magical" coming down the pipeline? Who knows? But OEMs will continue to release new stuff all the time, so if you're waiting for something new, you'll always be waiting.

I assume, even though you are in TX, that you play more golf now/July than you do in the spring? If so, your swing will be more normal now than in the spring, and I think you'll get a more realistic fit doing it now.

There are some great drivers out on the market now, so I don't think you'll be short on options. Is there something "magical" coming down the pipeline? Who knows? But OEMs will continue to release new stuff all the time, so if you're waiting for something new, you'll always be waiting.

That's what I'm thinking but my wife threw out that idea. To be perfectly honest, she just wants me to get it done & stop talking about it.

The only releases that we know are going to happen for sure are Ping G30 in July/August and Titleist 915 in October/November. You can Google for advance info, and if they look appealing, wait. If not, don't.

Moved to Fitting Section.

That's what I'm thinking but my wife threw out that idea. To be perfectly honest, she just wants me to get it done & stop talking about it.

If that's the case, no use in waiting. Plenty of great options out there. I found out from a friend of mine who is a pro that they are fitting a lot of people into the Jetspeed lately. Numbers have been really good for the average Joe.

I say do it now if you do not have to have the latest fear your swing should be repeatable at the moment and this will go aways in making sure you get a good fitting

I did a club champion fitting this spring. Had most of the new stuff available. My best results still came with older model heads for almost everything. New is not always better. Do it now and enjoy the clubs during the playing season. :)

I did a club champion fitting this spring. Had most of the new stuff available. My best results still came with older model heads for almost everything. New is not always better. Do it now and enjoy the clubs during the playing season. :)

I've been cruising around the Club Champion site lately and really impressed. Might have to make that appointment.

I've been cruising around the Club Champion site lately and really impressed. Might have to make that appointment.

Worth every penny. Such an awesome experience for any golf nut.

Back