Trying to Break 80 Club

It's been a very good year for me on the golf course. I have set new personal bests 3 times so far. In fact 2 of my best 3 all time scores have been in my last 5 rounds. Finally got sub-80 this past Saturday with a 79.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! Bet you're having a lot of fun right now. Enjoy it.

Soooo close today, I shot 80 on the nose!

Funny - I've been close (not so much lately) ... it just seems golf won't give up those milestone rounds (sub 80 in my case) until you're ready. I just don't see my putting allowing me to get below 80 yet ... unless it's a fluke & I have one of those days when the putter has eyes.

I'm trying to really hold it together to break 80 this season. Last few rounds have me trending in the wrong direction and not even breaking 85. It's just those couple blow up holes that screw me every time I need to figure out how to eliminate them. Gotta work on my wedges from around 40-100 yards as I have been chunking a bunch of full swings with them for some reason. Thought about getting my lie angles checked as I never have before.

I was really getting close until a ruptured achilles ended my season. Hopefully I won't lose all my progress when I get back. My average round had gone from 100ish to 88ish over the past two years with a couple 85s and an 83 thrown in there. I'm not looking forward to starting that journey from 100 again.

I shot an 81 with 2 penalty shots today, I am so close I can taste it!

82 with 2 real bad chips and 3 putts that just burned the edge. I know it's on it's way, just can't force the issue.

I use golflogix to record my score so I can not think about it while I'm playing and choke. All was going well with just a par 3 & par 5 left I looked at my score. Sitting at 71. Sure enough I choked and went double, double for a new pr, but not there yet.

Broke 80 for the first time in a couple months with a 78 today. I played "80's" golf but drained a few lucky long putts to get into the 70's.

35/42 = 79 today. one under front nine was pretty exciting but the double/triple start to the back was a let down. Still my fifth sub-80 since May 24th has me thinking about a new goal... 75 maybe? Gotta have something to shoot for :D

Broke 80 for the first time in a couple months with a 78 today. I played "80's" golf but drained a few lucky long putts to get into the 70's.
Always better to play 80s golf and shoot in the 70s then play 70s golf and shoot in the 80s :D Nice shootin dude.
35/42 = 79 today. one under front nine was pretty exciting but the double/triple start to the back was a let down. Still my fifth sub-80 since May 24th has me thinking about a new goal... 75 maybe? Gotta have something to shoot for :D

Solid play lately sounds like. 75 goal sounds like a good idea!

Finally, after 3 seasons, I was back in the 70s. This past weekend, went 82/79/82. Really should have been sub-80 in the 3rd round as well, but I'm not going to complain (too much). Now, to try and keep that consistency going, where I am threatening 80 more often than not.

Focusing on joining this club this year, started with my first lesson of six i have planed this past Sunday, and off to a good start. I am a mid 80's to low 90's guy now with plenty of room to improve.

Im so close to this but stupid shots around the greens are costing me big time. I'm consistently breaking 90 but am falling to the mid to high 80s due to a few awful wedges that lead to doubles. Its been pretty consistent my last few rounds. I've got my putting down to less than 30 the last few but from 100 and in I've been pretty terrible. I know if I work on this it'll be the key to me getting there

I've had breaking 80 as my goal for the last 2 and a half golf seasons. I bet I've shot 80 at least 10 times during that time span. It had actually become a joke within my golf circle and it was starting to get in my head. On Monday, I shot 39/40 to get that gorilla off my back. In all honesty, I didn't feel I was hitting the ball well enough to make a run at it, but I kept it in play and 2-putted. I always thought I'd have to make a few birdies to provide enough cushion for "the blow up hole," but a change in approach and mind-set is what was needed.

Bloody hell I just did it today. 79. My first time ever in the 70s. It surprised me completely when I totaled my score and my penalties.

Im going to pour a fine bottle of scotch into a heavy glass and toast my hard work tonight. And then tomorrow, back to work.

Im so close to this but stupid shots around the greens are costing me big time. I'm consistently breaking 90 but am falling to the mid to high 80s due to a few awful wedges that lead to doubles. Its been pretty consistent my last few rounds. I've got my putting down to less than 30 the last few but from 100 and in I've been pretty terrible. I know if I work on this it'll be the key to me getting there

Just at go find 2 great par 3 courses close to you and play the hell out of them. Play them constantly. 140 and in will feel so comfortable to you in 3 months that you'll feel transformed.

Bloody hell I just did it today. 79. My first time ever in the 70s. It surprised me completely when I totaled my score and my penalties.

Im going to pour a fine bottle of scotch into a heavy glass and toast my hard work tonight. And then tomorrow, back to work.

CONGRATS!!!

I've been flirting with breaking 80 for a while now. I played a course today that I had shot a 78 on several years ago, but had not broken 80 since. This course is a bit easier than my home course, so I was expecting to put up a good number, but never dreamed I would shoot 75!

That's great, congrats!

Was only 9 today but shot 41 and finally didn't have anything above bogey. Short game was light years better than of recent just missed a few putts and had a few tee shots go into the treeline forcing me to chip back out but recovered pretty well. Least I'm heading in the right direction

Well I just can't seem to wipe this smile of my face. Last years goal was to shoot 85 or better, and when I did I felt I was pulling that round out of my butt. So when I signed up to break 80 I thought there was no way. Well today is the day I reached this goal. I went 41/38 with an out of bounds on the front. Now the hard part convincing by buddies that I was able to pull it off.

Great job!

My last few rounds have been 81, 78, 77. I feel like I am close to consistently being in the 70s.

Back