Anyone else know they're doing something wrong but don't manage to fix it??

golfsteve

Reaction score
Handicap
Played today, started well with the driver and hit it solidly all day. Also started well with my irons then for some reason I lost all confidence and stopped releasing through the ball. Despite being able to identify the problem (hands not releasing and hitting the ball with the cluface miles open resulting in the ball coming off the toe and shooting straight right or a huge slice). Finished the round and went to the range later, hit a few half pitches and worked up to full swing with everything working fine.

Anyone else find this sort of thing going on!?

I'd say it happens to everyone at some point from time to time.

I'm pretty new to golf and I found it incredibly frustrating, knowing what's wrong and somehow not being able to fix it when the only things you're looking to control are the only 2 things you genuinely can control (body and brain) was driving me nuts!

Hoosiergolfer is right, happens to everyone at times. It is very frustrating to know what you're doing wrong and be unable to fix it mid round.

I seem to be quite good at repeating the same bad shot again and again. I was playing a practice round a few weeks ago and hit my approach about 5 yds right of the green. I wondered if I was just misaligned so I dropped another ball, lined up carefully, same result. Dropped another, lined up again, hit another identical shot. I finally hit a fourth ball on the green and when I went down to pickup the other three they were right there together. I could have covered them with an umbrella. I wish I could be that consistent with good shots. lol Frustrating game!

Today ... Was on the 13th tee box before I stayed connected, cleared the hips, and came through the ball

I have that happen from time usually need a range session to correct it

Back