Callaway Supersoft Ball

love these balls. they feel so nice and do seem about a club length long. my only complaint is around the greens they just don't seem to stop. I've also experimented with the Qstar and the e6.

I have to agree on the love of these balls. O have gained 10-15 yards on my drives and irons shots. Paired with the Alt's, they hit high, straight and long. I usually play the E6 and see comparable performance around the greens.

I still have 2 sleeves of these (I gave one away) so I'm going to give then another shot tomorrow, and do my best to adjust for the bouncing and rollout. Can't hurt to try them one more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been curious to try these Supersofts having seen what they have done for a friend's distance. However, I am still using the old TaylorMade TP Black LDP balls I stocked up on at $20/dz. I don't think I want to give up that "drop and stop" performance I get with them on our greens.

I really like these balls. The bouncing is an issue if it is turning away from the fairway. I lost a lot of balls the other day that really should have stayed playable. O, and if you hit a cart path you can kiss it goodbye.

Played with them yesterday and they performed great for me

Played 9 with them last night, long off the driver, irons seemed a club longer and they drop and stop just fine for me. Love these balls. And they feel awesome

I tried it again today, and my thoughts are still the same. Feels great off of driver and irons, but it's a bouncy ball. Switched back to the Gamer on the back 9 and shot 5 better with some pitches that dropped and stopped.

Would love to try these out since I always use low compression balls but what others have been saying about the performance on the greens have me concerned since the greens here are FAST and HARD.

So it's always back to the old fight of wanting a low comp ball off the tee for long drives and yet a ball that grabs greens.

Have yet to play the Duo (hard to believe), so I may give that one a go first.

Interesting that so many complain about the ball around greens. I have no trouble stopping them. I still hit them fat, thin, and light at various times but that's me, not the ball. I also find them a lot easier to play the 7-iron roll from 25 yards out...super easy to feel the right swing length.

I was able to take some to Chicago last week and put them in play. I had no and I mean no issues with stoppage on the green. I am very impressed with this ball. For the price point I think this is a tough competitor.

I was able to take some to Chicago last week and put them in play. I had no and I mean no issues with stoppage on the green. I am very impressed with this ball. For the price point I think this is a tough competitor.
Guy I played with yesterday had one approach shot onto the green hit and spin back a foot. Me? I hit and roll a good 6 to 10 feet, but my ball flight is considerably lower. I'll take it though, as the ball performs very well.

Have yet to play the Duo (hard to believe), so I may give that one a go first.

Superhawk: I think you will be pleasantly surprised!!!

I found one of these yesterday and played it for 6 or 7 holes. It was really long for me of the tee, I need to buy some and see if it was just a fluke.

Second straight round using the SS, same results. My drives flew lower which I am needing as I hit the ball very high. Nice soft feel on all strikes. Hit a couple of drives 300+. Greenside spin was about average. Stuck a 9 iron to 5 feet and spun back around 3 feet. Overaĺl very impressed , the price point s awesome. Another box is needed.

I found one of these yesterday and played it for 6 or 7 holes. It was really long for me of the tee, I need to buy some and see if it was just a fluke.

I picked up a sleeve of these at the course today. I didn't notice the extra distance today, but did shoot a new pb so it's a winner in my book.

Congrats Parshooter, I assume you plan to try these for a while longer. :smile:

I plan to pick up a couple boxes of the blue Supersofts at the PGA Super Store when I am in Myrtle Beach in 8 days.

Supersofts are an awesome ball. One of the best 2 piece balls out there.

After reading so much about these and being a huge fan of my e6's, I was picking up some new shoes today and added a box of these to test out

Looking forward to my round tomorrow to see how these golf balls perform

For the price point I'm thinking my next batch of company balls will be these.

Spent some time chipping on the practice green switching back and forth with the SS and my previous gamers. My old balls definitely spun more on the green but after some practice the SS rollout was very controllable.

Congrats Parshooter, I assume you plan to try these for a while longer.
That was the plan. Unfortunately, I played a new course today that had some hidden water I didn't know about and some not so hidden water that I still managed to find. I donated all 3 of them today.

Had a downhill putt today and I was using the SS. Needless to say, the ball stopped, while rolling downhill. Physics does not apply to this ball.

Back