TaylorMade RocketBladez TOUR Irons Preview

Volts thanks for the pics. I went to Golfsmith today to check them out and they look and feel amazing. I've been waiting 10 years for a set of irons with a traditional look. Have you noticed a gain in distance with these irons? That's the only reason I'm interested cause I could use it. thanks

I used to play Burner 2.0 w/PX 6.0. They were long. I am hitting RocketBladez tour w/KBS Tour S longer. The 3 iron is ridiculous. They look great, forgive my thin shots, fly consistently and land soft on full swings. If you haven't already, face them off on the tracker.

Volts thanks again. I think I'll be picking up a set in the next week, can't wait to get them on the course

Took my Tours for a spin today and I was a little nervous with them being 4 up but I was delighted so far as the ball flew well and straight and my misses were a hook which is better than a slice. Off the face they are lovely with a high long flight which looks great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I honestly am dying to hit these.

Someone please buy these, regret the purchase because they are not forged, and trade me for my MCs straight up!

I shouldn't hate on the MCs because I do like them and was blessed to get them for a great deal, but my offer still stands you forged lovers!

How do u guys who have a rbladez tour 3 iron like it?

How do u guys who have a rbladez tour 3 iron like it?

I opted for the 3 over the PW simply because I'm pretty fond of my 46 Cleveland 588. The 3 iron is long, high arcing and lands soft. I found it quite forgiving on thin shots. The ball melted like butter on flush shots and screamed as it launched off the face. That rip sound is very satisfying.

Today was the first time since all the new equipment came out that I got a chance to go to Golfsmith. I hit all the new drivers, fairway woods and irons. I left wanting only 1 thing, these irons! The RBZ Tour's were unbelievable. Felt great, easy to control and great distance. I thought they were going to be too tough for me to hit but when I compared them side by side to the R11 irons the heads were very similar. The top line was virtually identical, soul width and head size were all about the same size. The similarities got me take out the demo when I got to the bay and I didn't want to put it down. I was also amazed at how well the shaft went with the head. I thought it was going to be too heavy for me coming from the KBS 90 but no issue at all. If anything I was making better contact and my swing felt better with the heavier shaft. I thought these irons were much more forgiving than I anticipated, especially on mishits low on the face. I really want these in my bag :D

Went to a Taylormade Demo Day today. Wind was about 30-35 mph right into our face the whole time. The racks holding the clubs were getting knocked over, hard to keep balance on any shot so it wasn't ideal conditions but they did have 1 monitor to get some numbers. I was hitting the 6, 7, and 8 irons and continue to love the Rocketbladez Tour's. They are real easy to hit and very forgiving. I think the KBS Tour works great with the head. The numbers I was seeing were very similar to my R11 irons. The heads are similar in sized and shape with the R11 being just slightly bigger. I was glad to get outside and hit these because it validated what I saw in the hitting bay at Golfsmith. I'm in serious ponder mode for these irons but may wait until they go on sale before the new stuff comes out next year.

I just wanted to chime in here. During the year and a half I have had these irons (I bought them the day they came out), I have alternated between really liking them, and sort of looking for something else. I like to try out new stuff, and to be honest, these irons were starting to look like yesterday's news. I don't particularly care for the color scheme, and in general, didn't like seeing them depreciate so rapidly, available on some discount sites for a song. However, something magical happened about 2 weeks ago. I realized that all this time, I have been holding the face somewhat closed and delofted at address. When I started laying the club down at address so that the natural lie of the club was established prior to taking my grip, these things turned incredible. Between this revelation and some minor swing tweaks, I have been hitting some truly majestic iron shots lately. The ball soars so high in the air that I can't track it, and lands nice and soft. I have gained about a full club in the last 2 weeks. Since I know these are available at very good prices around the Internet, I thought I would just pop in to let people know that these are a great iron, and a great deal.

Back