hybrid bags, who is using them?

lilbilly

Reaction score
Handicap
So, I have what is pretty much a standard carry/stand bag. 6 way top, with only 2 full length dividers and about 5 or 6 pockets.

I love the look of alot of cart bags (was looking at SM C130 yesterday in GS for $100) and I would love the extra pockets and ease of use with a 14 way top. However, I still want the stand legs and dual carry straps.

So that has me looking at and pondering the latest hybrid bags. Who is using one? Do you like it?

While I do not own one yet, I really like the Wilson Staff Nexus bag - seems to be a great stand/cart combo, and it has gotten really good reviews. It should be the next stand bag that I own.

I have a Taylor Made "hybrid" bag. It's great for a push cart and probably a motorized cart, but it's too heavy and awkward for walking 18. I'm looking for a lighter bag I can carry more easily.

While I do not own one yet, I really like the Wilson Staff Nexus bag - seems to be a great stand/cart combo, and it has gotten really good reviews. It should be the next stand bag that I own.

That bag looks pretty sleek, but doesn't seem to offer much above most carry bags. What's the attraction besides it's looks?

I have a Taylor Made "hybrid" bag. It's great for a push cart and probably a motorized cart, but it's too heavy and awkward for walking 18. I'm looking for a lighter bag I can carry more easily.
See, I rarely ever walk/carry. If I walk, which is maybe 1 out of 5 rounds, I use a push cart. The majority of the time I am using a riding cart.

I just ordered a Sun Mountain Hybrid bag that should be here in a week or so.

I love that it seems to be the size of a cart bag, but has the stand part for me to use while at the range, etc.

My bag is a staff bag. It's stands on it's own. It fits on a cart. So it's kind of a hybrid bag. Right?

I just ordered a Sun Mountain Hybrid bag that should be here in a week or so.

I love that it seems to be the size of a cart bag, but has the stand part for me to use while at the range, etc.

Yeah, I was looking at those... they look great, a little pricey too. Was also looking at some of Ogio's bags as well.

I picked up a hybrid bag back in March and have really enjoyed it. I don't ever walk, but enjoy the bags functionality. It's great when unloading from my truck, being on the range, or working on the putting green. The legs have been great to have. The one down side is it's not quite as big as my cat bag was, but that has actually been a good thing for me. I don't carry around a bunch of useless stuff.

If you like Sun Mountain, the Four 5 is a good inbetween, little on the heavy side to carry (which I have), good in a pushcart or motorized cart

My bag is a staff bag. It's stands on it's own. It fits on a cart. So it's kind of a hybrid bag. Right?

yes, possibly...unless you stand it on a slope, then it will tip over on you.

yes, possibly...unless you stand it on a slope, then it will tip over on you.

Then I can lay it down like those guys on TV do

Then I can lay it down like those guys on TV do

that's only cool if you got a guy wearing a bib around to pick it up for you all the time.

That bag looks pretty sleek, but doesn't seem to offer much above most carry bags. What's the attraction besides it's looks?
The frame is steel supported and the bottom lies flat on the cart, without sliding around (per reviews, not per my personal knowledge). That would make it a better "cart" bag than most other carry bags out there.

I get what you are saying, but I don't feel comfortable leaving a cart bag/staff bag standing by itself on the range or just outside of the club house/pro shop. I just picture a gust of wind or an accidental nudge from someone walking by knocking it over.

I just bought one 20 minutes ago. So I'll check back in this weekend

I have the Sun Mountain Hybrid stand bag and love it. I went through several bags before I settled on this one and won't get rid of it until it falls apart. Just love the 14 full length dividers and there is plenty of storage, no problems getting clubs in and out of the bag. I have midsize tacky grips and the bags with out full length dividers drove me nuts just trying to get clubs in and out of the bag.

I have the Sun Mountain Hybrid stand bag and love it. I went through several bags before I settled on this one and won't get rid of it until it falls apart. Just love the 14 full length dividers and there is plenty of storage, no problems getting clubs in and out of the bag. I have midsize tacky grips and the bags with out full length dividers drove me nuts just trying to get clubs in and out of the bag.

That's always been one of the things I've not liked about my Ping Hoofer. Grips get torn up rather quick from all the rubbing and trying to force clubs back into the bag.

I'd be okay with a 6/7 way top if it was full length. 2 or 3 clubs in a slot aren't if those are the only clubs going in. But I haven't seen that, that's what has me looking at ones with a 14 way full length divider set up.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I have a Nike hybrid bag that I love, but it does get heavy carrying for 18. The ping 4 series bag I picked up this year is much more comfortable for long walking rounds. But I do miss the 14 way

So, I have what is pretty much a standard carry/stand bag. 6 way top, with only 2 full length dividers and about 5 or 6 pockets.

I love the look of alot of cart bags (was looking at SM C130 yesterday in GS for $100) and I would love the extra pockets and ease of use with a 14 way top. However, I still want the stand legs and dual carry straps.

So that has me looking at and pondering the latest hybrid bags. Who is using one? Do you like it?
You already have a carry bag, why not just buy a nice cart bag and be done with it? The hybrid bags are too heavy to carry anyhow so you just decide whether you're walking or riding before you go to the course.

You already have a carry bag, why not just buy a nice cart bag and be done with it? The hybrid bags are too heavy to carry anyhow so you just decide whether you're walking or riding before you go to the course.

I never carry, but I like the kick out legs. If I walk, I'm using a pull cart. Want the best of both I guess.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I have an extra Sun Mountain Hybrid bag lying around. Package deal with the i20s?

I really the the SM Hybrid bag. The 14 way divider top is unique in that the two slots at the top of the bag are wider than the other 12--making it really easy if you have an oversize putter grip. I also like that it has a single shoulder strap. I either ride, or walk with a Clicgear, and the bag works perfectly for both. If mine was a different color (don't laugh) I'd keep it until it fell apart. In fact, I've considered adding another one that better matches with my ever-growing collection of headcovers.

Back