Web.com Nova Scotia Open

Golf Ghost

Reaction score
I know web.com tour events don't usually get a thread, but with extended coverage and the only event north of the boarder to an area not usually televised, that we can get some people watching and talking. Also being right here in Halifax, needless to say I'm pretty excited to watch and see a course I play at often on the television.

Ashburn New Course will be hosting the event here in Halifax. Hoping to head out and watch some today and tomorrow and Saturday should be interesting with a possible hurricane hitting the area.

The event started Monday with the Canada Cup. Had a chance to watch Woodland, Weir, Kuchar, DeLaet, Hearn, and Immelman. Will post some photos from that later today.

Golf Channel Coverage is as follows:

Thursday: 12:30 - 2:30 EST
Friday: 2:30 - 4:30 EST
Saturday: 2:30 - 5:30 EST
Sunday: 2:30 - 5:30 EST

Should be some great advertising for the area as well. For those thinking about ever coming to play Cabot Links, you fly into Halifax, so will offer some insight to courses and attractions here.

I saw the promo on the golf channel last night. Super excited to watch some golf played in NS as I was interested in relocating there. Woodland and DeLaet would be a great grouping to watch. Power and finesse, true shot making. Thanks to the heads up.

Course looked pretty tough actually a lot of elevation changes that made some of the shots pretty difficult.

Really cool experience out there today. Lots of great golf.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Course looked pretty tough actually a lot of elevation changes that made some of the shots pretty difficult.

The slope is pretty crazy there. 18 played into the wind making it very tough.

The slope is pretty crazy there. 18 played into the wind making it very tough.

Yeah it looked like it. Really nice looking course also

Yeah it looked like it. Really nice looking course also

It's not bad haha. Fully private so it was cool hearing people who have never seen the course talk about their experience and opinion.

It's not bad haha. Fully private so it was cool hearing people who have never seen the course talk about their experience and opinion.

Wow that is cool. I also liked seeing the visit Nova Scotia tourism commercials kinda made me chuckle no offense of course haha Just never thought of taking a trip up there

Wow that is cool. I also liked seeing the visit Nova Scotia tourism commercials kinda made me chuckle no offense of course haha Just never thought of taking a trip up there

Haha no worries at all. Tourism outside of fisheries is probably one of the largest economical boosters we have. It's not all sunshine and beaches, but it's a pretty historic and photogenic place.

Haha no worries at all. Tourism outside of fisheries is probably one of the largest economical boosters we have. It's not all sunshine and beaches, but it's a pretty historic and photogenic place.

Agree! I've been to Halifax and driven around the coast a bit to check out the lighthouses, beautiful place. Need to play some golf there next time!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

How is the humidity up there during the the Summer? Probably better than here in the swamps of DC.

Agree! I've been to Halifax and driven around the coast a bit to check out the lighthouses, beautiful place. Need to play some golf there next time!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

With Cabot Links complete, Cabot Cliffs being built, and Stanley Thompson classics like Highland Links. Nova Scotia is quickly turning into a great play for golf.

How is the humidity up there during the the Summer? Probably better than here in the swamps of DC.

It's very humid. Living on the Atlantic causes that. Our general summer days are 24-27 Celsius, but with a feels like temp above 30.

So things may get interesting as tropical storm Arthur moves in throughout the night. Have everything tied down. Just have to hope that the rain amounts are smaller than expected and get tee offs starting around noon.

Final round coverage starting at 3:00 EST today. Guys are playing 36 today.

Some craziness happening in the final two holes.

Fathauer looks like he's not into this playoff mentally.

Three put on 18 in regulation cost him the tournament and a trip to the PGA Tour. But, Sloan stepped up to his own troubles on 17 and earned the tie and win in the playoff.

3esumy9e.jpg

nyhy8aru.jpg

9u9e7e6u.jpg

Back