Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some pics from saratoga national. It was in phenomenal shape. Some bad patches on the greens but other than that, it was gorgeous. Tough track and gusts were over 20 mph.
varube5a.jpg
ugyzy7y4.jpg
esume7y6.jpg
e5upehug.jpg
a5ebe5up.jpg
ega2ahuq.jpg

* almost dunked a gap wedge for eagle!!
Finished with a 81 with a triple on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why the quality of the pics are awful but it seems to happen when I upload pics from tapatalk

that course is great, glad you enjoyed it

Some pics from saratoga national. It was in phenomenal shape. Some bad patches on the greens but other than that, it was gorgeous. Tough track and gusts were over 20 mph.
varube5a.jpg
ugyzy7y4.jpg
esume7y6.jpg
e5upehug.jpg
a5ebe5up.jpg
ega2ahuq.jpg

* almost dunked a gap wedge for eagle!!
Finished with a 81 with a triple on the front.

Even with the Tapatalk pics, it looks way better than when Martin, ddec, and I played it a few months ago. Glad you enjoyed it.

Even with the Tapatalk pics, it looks way better than when Martin, ddec, and I played it a few months ago. Glad you enjoyed it.

Ya it was in great shape, I was impressed. That's a tough track though. Fairways were very hard to hit with the wind.

great looking course!

I've heard Oak Hill is bringing back their employee guest policy, looks like I may be playing Oak Hill at least a couple times :bananadance:

I've heard Oak Hill is bringing back their employee guest policy, looks like I may be playing Oak Hill at least a couple times :bananadance:

Nice dude. Super jealous. A guy I know is a member there. I could probably get on just don't want to shell out $100 for 18 holes right now.

Heading back up to Albany area this weekend. Playing Troy County Club tomorrow, never played there. And a charity tournament Sunday at Fairways of Half-moon.

Heading back up to Albany area this weekend. Playing Troy County Club tomorrow, never played there. And a charity tournament Sunday at Fairways of Half-moon.
I've never played Troy CC, but have heard good things.

Fairways is my home course as I've been in a league there since 2005. It's a neat course with a few holes having a funky layout. The greens are fast, and with the exception of holes 2 & 6, don't break as much as they look. Pin placements can be brutal on 3, 6, 7, 8, and 14. It's a links style course and if they haven't mowed the rough...stay out if it. Even if your lucky enough to find it, good luck advancing it. I can't tell you what type of shape it's in, as I haven't played since June 5, but generally the ground is pretty dry and hard (roll, holding greens, etc) throughout the summer.

It's been far too quiet in here. What's going on with everyone? When and where are you playing? And why haven't I been invited?! Chipping & Putting commences for me on THURSDAY.

It's been far too quiet in here. What's going on with everyone? When and where are you playing? And why haven't I been invited?! Chipping & Putting commences for me on THURSDAY.

wow great news Peter! miniputt?

wow great news Peter! miniputt?
All I know is the cast comes off Thursday. Then some "brace" goes on--whatever that is. But you can be sure of one thing, I will 100% be on a putting green somewhere on Thursday afternoon! "Brace" or no "brace."

that's GREAT Peter! roll em straight!

All I know is the cast comes off Thursday. Then some "brace" goes on--whatever that is. But you can be sure of one thing, I will 100% be on a putting green somewhere on Thursday afternoon! "Brace" or no "brace."

Great to hear Pete!! I know this had been killing you so the light at the end of the tunnel has to be feeling great.

Sounds like the perfect time to dive right into the SPi system.

I've never played Troy CC, but have heard good things.

Fairways is my home course as I've been in a league there since 2005. It's a neat course with a few holes having a funky layout. The greens are fast, and with the exception of holes 2 & 6, don't break as much as they look. Pin placements can be brutal on 3, 6, 7, 8, and 14. It's a links style course and if they haven't mowed the rough...stay out if it. Even if your lucky enough to find it, good luck advancing it. I can't tell you what type of shape it's in, as I haven't played since June 5, but generally the ground is pretty dry and hard (roll, holding greens, etc) throughout the summer.
Thanks for the advice, I will be sure let you know how the conditions are. I'll take some pics too.

Good news! Just watch out for the windmill! :bulgy-eyes:

Shot about 95 at Mill Creek today. I say about, because after raining off and on for most of the round, it really opened up while we were in the 18th fairway. By that point I had had enough. Only had one really bad hole, #11 (surprise), and the short stick was pretty good for most of the day.

Shot about 95 at Mill Creek today. I say about, because after raining off and on for most of the round, it really opened up while we were in the 18th fairway. By that point I had had enough. Only had one really bad hole, #11 (surprise), and the short stick was pretty good for most of the day.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFF that hole. Despite the rain, how was the shape of the course? I really liked that place when we played it last fall. Super fast greens be d@mned.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF that hole. Despite the rain, how was the shape of the course? I really liked that place when we played it last fall. Super fast greens be d@mned.

I am hoping to be around Labor Day for a few days. That is the first course I want to play when I am home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back