If a course is designed so it's CPO, then they should build the cart path down the middle of the fairway (seriously). Forcing folks to ride when it's CPO is cruel. At lease the OP has a choice to walk or ride.

Welcome to Korea, I played Sung Nam for the first time last Friday and we walked/carried the 18 holes. You are right that the back nine is not easy and #12 right down sucked. But, we were as fast or faster than those on carts because we went directly from ball to ball and had all of our clubs with us. How about the NOISE there. From the gun fire at the ROK Army base to the never ending construction noise 360 degrees around the course. Is it really necessary to drop 12' long pipe on the ground every 7 seconds?

10522638_10202562402606928_8559902481648109999_n.jpg

Hawk and I played Deere Run a couple years ago two weeks before the tourney and it was CPO. Was one of the worst golf experiences I have ever paid 90$ for.

My Kidd and Mt Laurette out at Kananaskis are CPO the course is usually in great shape but they also don't allow people to walk with a push cart or carry their bag.

I would hate cart path only. I feel it defeats the purpose of taking a cart. Normally when I hear that I will just carry my bag and walk the course.

Interesting, I play a course in central NJ, where carts are allowed on the fairway, but you MUST stay out of the rough! I've had rangers stop and tell me to get the cart onto the fairway and off the rough.

That's pretty common here in MD during the summer. The reason I was told, the rough doesn't get watered as much as the fairways, so they try to preserve it as much as possible during the dry times.

The courses around here are CPO only if they get a lot of rain. Most would rather you drive on the fairway than in the rough. One course has GPS on the cart and it will slow the cart down, beep at you, and tell you to get out of the rough if you are driving more than from the path to the fairway.

Harbour Town told me they were cart path only all the time when I played there

I played Harbour Town in May and carts were scattered. Only a few holes were CPO, maybe 3 or 4 at most.

Welcome to Korea, I played Sung Nam for the first time last Friday and we walked/carried the 18 holes. You are right that the back nine is not easy and #12 right down sucked. But, we were as fast or faster than those on carts because we went directly from ball to ball and had all of our clubs with us. How about the NOISE there. From the gun fire at the ROK Army base to the never ending construction noise 360 degrees around the course. Is it really necessary to drop 12' long pipe on the ground every 7 seconds?

I played Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and Friday was the only day the ROK guys were out training. You're right about the construction nearby, too. The course is absolutely gorgeous so long as you're headed towards the mountains. The walk from 9 to 10 (up the stairs), 12, 12 to 13 (up the stairs again) were killers. I think once my push cart shows up I'll be ok, but until then, a cart it is.

Nice photo of #17. I can't hit it far enough from the blues to carry the pond straight on. It's a pretty easy hole if you bail right a bit. Perhaps I'll see you out there.

Back