Ever tested yourself on a near-pro setup?

Play the course the Web.com Nova Scotia Open is that this week only 5 days before Delaet, Kuchar, and a couple others played. Tour officials were there testing and setting stuff up. Greens running 11.8 and the rough longer than usual. We decided to play the whites as oppose to the blues. Glad we did is all I will say haha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Scottish Open is being held up here at Royal Aberdeen next week. I played it last week and it was the most punishing game of golf I have ever played. The course was absolutely pristine, but the rough was utterly penal. If a ball even just dribbles into it then you can count it lost. Blind drives, no idea where the fairway starts and greens like glass. I was a broken man when I was done. Looking forward to seeing how Rory, Phil et al will tear it a new one next week!

I played East Lake 7 days after the Tour Championship a few years back. Many of the stands were still up. The greens had been punched 3 days after the event but with Bermuda greens they were very small holes. This slowed the greens down a bit but the rest of the conditions were very much like they had been the last day of the tourney. Mowed run off areas, rough depth and so on. Fairways are Zoysia there so the ball sits up nicely even when mowed "tight". I did not play anywhere near the pro tees except on the two par 5's that they play as par 4's during the tournament, #5 and #10.

There is a review here on THP that I did showing pictures from the round. Was a great experience. Was very cool to walk down to the spot in the lake on #17 where Bill Haas hit the amazing chip that kept the playoff going one more hole to #18 where he won.

Played the Sawgrass valley course the day after the web.com tour championship event. Sunday pins. I usually shoot between 85-90. Shot a 101 and was happy. The rough was like glue and the greens were concrete. Was redonkulous. But loads of fun. :)

Jrod and I played TPC Deere Run the Sunday before the tournament. More than anything I was annoyed b/c it was CPO. Course was in very good shape though. Greens were quick.

I played Worthington Manor the week after they had a U.S open qualifier there. Greens were very fast, ( can only imagine how fast they were for the tournament! ) and it was nearly impossible to get anything not flopped to stop. The worst part is this course has some fairways which are very sloped, and it is tough to hold some fairways there... well, this day the rough was 3 or 4" thick and that was right off the fairway. Brutal - but a very good test!

Years ago I attended a conference at Las Colinas in Dallas the week and weekend before the Byron Nelson. I played the course twice during that week. I did not play from the tournament tees.

As you may know, this is one of the lower scoring tournaments and the pros generally score very well. I too played quite well shooting right around 80 both times. Probably the best conditioned course I ever played. Everything was immaculate. The greens were not up to tournament speeds but they certainly rolled true.

Back