Tips for indoor swing drills?

BRISTOL86

Reaction score
Hi All

Can anyone recommend any simple drills that can be done indoors that will help with any aspects of the swing?

I'm keen to make the most of free time when I'm unable to get out to the range and wondered whether there's any good drills that I can do in respect to posture, grip, stance, swing plane training etc?

Thanks!

One thing I focus on while practicing indoors is alignment. One of the quick and easy drills I do can be done pretty much anywhere. I'll pick a target (could literally be anything), and set up like I'm hitting a shot at that target. I'll then grab a club/alignment stick and place it down by my feet to check my alignment.

Nothing crazy about this drill, but it's a good drill to see how your alignment is.

I have one of the sklz short, weighted training clubs and keep it in the kitchen, I grab it and do a few swings or practice takeaways if I'm waiting for the kettle or microwave or something.
It has a training grip as well so can help shape that and being short, doesn't need a whole lot of space or high ceilings.

I recommend getting a long mirror to place somewhere and possibly getting a club that you can cut down so you dont take anything out.

You can take small swings and get visual feedback at the sametime. You will be amazed at what something actually looks like compared to what you think you are doing. I would also maybe look at som,e biomechanics books and do some work with either a medicine ball or some small resistence bands. There are alot of great exercises out there that can benefit both yourself and also your golf game without having to pick up a club

I have one of the sklz short, weighted training clubs and keep it in the kitchen, I grab it and do a few swings or practice takeaways if I'm waiting for the kettle or microwave or something.
It has a training grip as well so can help shape that and being short, doesn't need a whole lot of space or high ceilings.

Any chance you could post a link please? Sounds good as my ceilings are quite low, so I can't actually take a normal club (even a wedge) all the way back indoors.

Any chance you could post a link please? Sounds good as my ceilings are quite low, so I can't actually take a normal club (even a wedge) all the way back indoors.

Clicky

They come up on the bay for cheap regularly

Out of interest mate, how long is this club? Can't find the length stated on it!

It's not very long, maybe 25" or so if that even? I have one that I keep at the office, it's good to take some swings with just so I can work on my setup and takeaway. I'm not a huge fan of the molded grip, but I got it on sale for $9, so still a great value.

It's not very long, maybe 25" or so if that even? I have one that I keep at the office, it's good to take some swings with just so I can work on my setup and takeaway. I'm not a huge fan of the molded grip, but I got it on sale for $9, so still a great value.

Thanks Russ, appreciate that.

Back