Contest - Callaway Commemorative Open Championship Coins

The Open Championship can be fun because of the history.

Ivor Robson... is there a more distinctive voice in golf? And to be able to hear him announce Phil Mickelson as the defending Champion this year will be extra special.

The British are coming, the British are coming! They are already here! Love the open because LINKS style golf is the original and best kind of courses.

I enjoy the open championship because it really makes the pros deal with the elements. Links style golf is also something that I enjoy.

I love the open championship because it's an entirely different type of golf that I'm not only used to playing here in the states but also watching on TV as most courses the PGA tour plays don't play, look or feel the same as British Open venues!

Entry Day 1:

I enjoy the Open Championship because I really like waking up early and having major championship golf on. I have it on as I get ready for work, on the radio for my drive in, and then am able to watch it through the cable feed at the office. It's a marathon golf day, coverage starts early, and with the replay immediately following(Thursday and Friday) it becomes just a great day to follow golf.

My first entry!

The Open is my favorite major of them all. I love links courses, and I love the many links to the roots of the game, through both the courses and the champions throughout the years. Can't wait for next weekend!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The Open Championship is my favorite tournament of the year! Always exciting to watch.

I love watching the open for the history. It just has a completely different feel to it. It's like they step back 100 years for the week.

I love tournaments where Par is a very good score. Throw in unpredictable weather that the course is built to handle, and it's that much better. Doesn't hurt that it is THE Open Championship.

First entry:

I enjoy the Open Championship because the past few years, there has been plenty of drama, some incredible comebacks, and, some rather epic failures. I think Sunday at the Open is rivaled by none.

~Rock

I love to watch Links Golf! Such a challenge!

I love the history of the Open Championship, the courses, and the way the conditions and course dictate a different style of play.

It's the greatest championship in golf.

I already have one of these, as my good buddy Bulldog gave it to me last year. One of my favorite coins, good luck to you all, you'll really like this one.

Day 1 entry
Why do I like the Open? Love to see golf courses from across the drink!

I love watching the open because it is a true equalizer for all competitive golfers and feels like anyone could take it

I love the Open Championship because its played on courses the way they are supposed to be , you are playing the course and the wind , you have to be able to think your way round and have a full repertoire of shots

Thanks to THP and Callaway

I love watching the open because it feels like a true throwback to the birthplace of golf.

I love the links style play of the Open Championship.

I love the open because it's a change of pace from all of the other tournaments during the year.

Entry
I like to see diffrent setting and some golf history in the forme of these old courses

Entry:

The Open championship is such a remarkable tournament. Living in Ohio I've never experienced true links style golf so the Open provides a new exciting golf experience each year.

I enjoy the Open Championship because I like watching the majors and love the different look of the Open course compared to the other majors.

I like watching guys have to use a different skill set to succeed than what it takes on the normal week to week tour event. For some reason seeing a guy putting from 20 yards off the green with the flag stick whipping in the wind adds a fun element to the game.

Back