PING i25 Irons - Review Thread

Just out of curiosity are those of you putting the 4I back in the bag seeing the same distance that you were out of your 4H?

Trajectory wise, not much different from my hybrid. My Titleist 585H has a DG s300 shaft, so I already had a little bit of a lower, more controlled flight from it, than most people look for in their hybrids. The benefit for me, is occasionally, I fight hooks with my hybrids...but with the i25, I don't have any fear of left. No fear at all.

Thanks guys. That's what I figured but thought I'd ask. While I can't get off the tee consistently, I seem to have found another gear with my irons lately and I'm pondering putting the i20 4I back in the bag, for the same reason. Might mess with my gaps a little, but that's just an excuse to demo different fairway wood & hybrid combos!
I played today with both my 4h AND my i25 4-iron. Many times I don't carry a fairway wood, and can see how I could benefit from having both.

Well I did enjoy my time with these irons, but for me personally the performance and scores were the same on the i20s, so I put these on ebay today to start thinning out the club collection. Honestly I considered getting rid of one set and figure the newer i25s will draw more money, so the i20s go back in the bag with the new Nippon shafts. I will say that I recommend these and the i20s to anyone moving into a new set.

Just picked a set up of the bay and hope they work out.

can someone talk to me about the cfs shafts? How soft/stiff are the reg flex and stiff flex?

They play true to flex for me. I am borderline regular/stiff and I chose regular. It makes me tell myself not to try and kill every shot.

Personally, the regular plays like regular.

Had a good outing with the i25's at the OC Bridgestone event. Worked out the kinks in my swing leading up to the event and found how to get the extra fade I was looking for out of the i25's.

I spent another 1.5 hours on the launch monitors Sunday to compare the PING i25's to the PING S55's, Titleist 714 Ap2, CB, and MB, TaylorMade SLDR, CB, MC, and MB, and also to the Callaway Apex Pro.

If I take my averages for all the clubs I hit the S55's the best, followed by the Titelist MB, then the i25's. The differences were all marginal between the sets and the i25's had the best distance off the toe making them the most forgiving.

PING i25's were were easier to launch than the 714 MB's but felt pingier off the face. 714 MB's have a buttery feel even on miss hits. The S55's were about the same as the i25's for feel. The TM clubs all had a surprisingly good feel to them. Much softer feeling than the Rocketbladez pros.

The TM SLDR/MC/CB and Apex Pro were just all average at best performance wise. Nothing really stood out but they were all solid irons. The 714 Ap2 and CB were decent performers for me but not good enough to kick the i25's out of the bag.

At the end of so much testing over the last month I have come to the conclusion I can pretty much hit any club decent and as long as it feels right in my hands it goes around the same place. With that said the only differences between clubs for me would be forgiveness, looks, and what type of flight I'm trying to get out of the club.

If you're on the fence about what clubs to get it's a great time to be a golfer since almost everything out there is good. PING i25's will remain my recommendation to just about everyone though. It's the perfect mix of what most golfers need in a club for a decent price.

My i25 gap wedge should be arriving today, just in time to take on vacation! I am excited to add this to my bag!

My i25 gap wedge should be arriving today, just in time to take on vacation! I am excited to add this to my bag!

You're gonna love it. It's so accurate and lands so soft. The UW and the 3 iron are my favorite two clubs of the set.

I25 U wedge arrived as expected. Ping is a first class organization. I just gave them my serial #, and they matched the U wedge to the rest of my set. Awesome! It was packed to withstand about any shipping mishap, specs and labels all attached, and the head wrapped in cloth. I have officially been wowed!

Now, I'm headed to the course.

You're gonna love it. It's so accurate and lands so soft. The UW and the 3 iron are my favorite two clubs of the set.
I am still getting used to the longer irons, but that is due more to the lightweight Nippons, than the clubs themselves. The 7-P is already exceeding my expectations. I hit about 30 PW earlier this week at the range, and you could have dropped a blanket over about 25 of them. I'm hoping that the U wedge will be a similar type of flight and control, just 12-15 yards shorter.

What is your difference, if any, between your W and U? What about distance differences between the 2?

I'm a huge fan of the U wedge as well. I ordered it with some trepidation and kept my 52 in the bag, because I had leaned on that club almost exclusively inside of 115 yards. But I haven't touched it in probably 10 rounds. The U has replaced it and I'm just as confident in it as I was in the Cleveland. FWIW I'm seeing about a 15 yard gap between it and the PW.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

A couple of weeks I posted about my fitting session that ended with his recommendation for the i25 white dot. I was skeptical because at 5'9" I didn't see how I'd be best suited for a club standing 3 degree upright. Because of my uncertainty I only ordered one club - an 8 iron - to give it a test run. It came in yesterday, and it was literally love at first swing. In fact, I liked it so much, that after hitting a bucket of balls I immediately ordered the 4-UW clubs as well. Now I only regret that I didn't trust the fitter and order them all at the same time because I'd have them by now.

I have never hit a club so straight. Even my pushes and pulls were just that; the shots weren't made worse by adding a little bit of hook or slice into the equation. I can't wait for the rest of the set to arrive.

What is your difference, if any, between your W and U? What about distance differences between the 2?

Summer numbers:

PING i25 9i: 153 yards
PING i25 W: 141yards
PING i25 U: 129 yards
TM ATV 54: 117 yards
TM ATV 58: 105 yards

i do use to he U wedge for my 145 shots when i need to hold a green and spin it back a touch. I can go up or down 10 yards with most the clubs.

So after lots of work with these clubs I regret adding the extra weight to the back end. These clubs are so unique in what they do that changing them so drastically changed things a lot. The ball is going too high now and I will be switching the grips back to normal.

Hands down though these clubs are a great set for someone looking to get away from the crazy forgiveness of beginner irons and transition to more of a players type iron without biting off more than they can chew. The i25s fill that gap perfectly.

Tap Tap Taparoo

My buddy has been taking swings with my set at the range before our last few rounds. He liked the i25's so much he went out and got a set over the weekend. Ended up w 4-w and reg CFS shafts.

this may have been covered before, but for those who have gamed both the i20 and i25 irons did you see enough good traits to warrant the up grade or did you feel the changes were minor.

Last edited:
this may have been covered before, but for those who have gamed both the i20 and i25 irons did you see enough good traits to warrant the up grade or did you feel the changes were minor.

Higher launch on the i25 vs i20. Long irons are easier to hit on the i25's. After that it's comes down to your preferred looks.

Higher launch on the i25 vs i20. Long irons are easier to hit on the i25's. After that it's comes down to your preferred looks.

thanks that is what i was looking for so idea of the differences.

Long time Ping fan here, starting back with i3's. Have i25's on order and a quick question to those who have played the i25's for awhile...How's the finish holding up?

Long time Ping fan here, starting back with i3's. Have i25's on order and a quick question to those who have played the i25's for awhile...How's the finish holding up?

they hold up pretty well. I absolutely abuse my clubs, never use head covers, and I'm in the 1000+ hit range for a most of them off mats, grass ranges, and a few rocks. I will post up a some photos tonight since I intended to a bit ago.

Since these are cast they don't really get very dinged up so the finish on the face is really what gets the abuse.

When I clean them up, they look just like new. Finish is very durable.

found a fitter not too far away, that has the whole Ping custom cart , so should be interesting.

Thank you for the replies! I'm looking forward to playing these beauties once they arrive!

Putts4bogey
I have over 30 rounds on mine plus a bucket of balls before every round and they still look new. I love the finish on the clubs, very durable. You can only see some minor marks on the face. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have!!!

Back