PING i25 Irons - Review Thread

The i25's have been in my bag for almost two years now and they still haven't been taken out of the bag. I've tried a lot of different clubs and these are still by far my favorite iron. Accurate and forgiving!

With the new "i" irons out on the market you'll start seeing the i25's come up for sale used. If you're looking for a dependable club don't pass these up.

Thank you for the thoughts. I was thinking of posting in this thread about what people still thought of their i25 irons, and if they've been kicked out of the bag for newer technology. I will need to keep an eye out on ebay and elsewhere for a LH version of these with the 189 graphite shafts. I hit that combo at a demo day last year and was really impressed with my/their accuracy.

Thank you for the thoughts. I was thinking of posting in this thread about what people still thought of their i25 irons, and if they've been kicked out of the bag for newer technology. I will need to keep an eye out on ebay and elsewhere for a LH version of these with the 189 graphite shafts. I hit that combo at a demo day last year and was really impressed with my/their accuracy.
The allure of newer technology - longer, straighter, higher - is always there for a THPer type person. But these clubs are still in my bag and are still great.

I'm still loving these irons. I wasn't finding the center of the club face every time, definitely had some serious low groove and toe misses. But I ended up with 6/9 GIRs this weekend.

I struck the ball pretty well with these yesterday. They aren't the longest irons out there, but for me they're really consistent. One thing that concerns me is that they look like they're starting to experience the delamination problem people were seeing with the i20s, which I thought was supposed to be fixed with the i25s. Going to have to get in touch w/ PING.

I still am playing w these.
And it is still the archer (me) who hits good shots and bad shots.
I am almost two years into these clubs and am finally regripping. These are staying for a long while!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally hit the iBlades (what a stupid name) and I think they may kick out the i25's at least 6-PW. I still love the 3,4,5 in i25. They are just so familiar and reliable. I need a touch more shot shape with the scoring irons though and was comboing the s55's for a bit but sold them for golf money. Hard decision since i25's are so so good. Also, I'm broke so won't happen anytime soon.

I just parted ways with my i25s. It sucks because they are so good and were so good to me, but hopefully they'll do the same for their next owner.

A buddy of mine had a set of i20's last night. I was amazed by how nice the weight was and how good they looked by the ball. I tried finding a set online but a lot of the clubs were heavily used. I figured I'd have better luck finding a gently used set of i25's. For anyone who's played both, which is the better set? Is there that much improvement with the 25's?

A buddy of mine had a set of i20's last night. I was amazed by how nice the weight was and how good they looked by the ball. I tried finding a set online but a lot of the clubs were heavily used. I figured I'd have better luck finding a gently used set of i25's. For anyone who's played both, which is the better set? Is there that much improvement with the 25's?

I have played both and if I was to buy either of the two sets, I would save the extra coin and pick up the i20s.

I did not notice hardly any jump in improvement. Definitely nowhere near enough to justify the cost.

I have played both and if I was to buy either of the two sets, I would save the extra coin and pick up the i20s.

I did not notice hardly any jump in improvement. Definitely nowhere near enough to justify the cost.
I see, appreciate the advice! I have read similar comments online, but I've also read about how much better the 25's are. If they were both current I could hit them side by side and see for myself. That's the only disadvantage when going after older clubs lol.

Wow my first day with the i25s is in the post above. Still in the bag... will be 2 years in December...

Saying goodbye to the i25's today. Had some great rounds with these sicks. Thanks THP for letting me review them a few years back, they were a staple in the back for a long time.

Saying goodbye to the i25's today. Had some great rounds with these sicks. Thanks THP for letting me review them a few years back, they were a staple in the back for a long time.

what are we moving on to?

Soooo keeping with @That post suggestion, I’ll spill my guts. My guess is that this original review in on a floppy somewhere. I just picked up a set of these from CPO for 200 clams. They came with Project X 5.5’s which I’ve never messed with before. Price was right and my i3 Blades are ancient. Warmed up with the i3 wedge as usual, then swapped to the i25 W. Swingweight is quite a bit lighter and shots were quite a bit straighter. I don’t get it because there were some ball marks on the center of the club face which I never hit. They were pretty soft and forgiving. Not sure what else to say. Swapped to the 6 iron and same results. Definitely gained some yardage and misses don’t sting. i3Blades are being archived.

I think they have some sort of coating (not just bare SS like old Pings) which on a few clubs is pretty dinged up.

Anyway, for the tightwads out there and those with kids in college, these are a bargain with today’s $$

Back