Mickelson hits off cart path - who cares ... look at the lag!!!!

deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Yeah, the feat in and of itself (he birdied the hole) is pretty cool, and I know he's got a video or two how he talks about how to do it properly, and other videos of him pulling off the feat. I will never hit a ball off a cart path, principally because no one pays me or gives me clubs and I'm not going to ruin my clubs to pull off that shot. So while the video is neat in that sense, what I found particularly amazing was when they slow down his swing at the 1:10 mark in the video ... you can see the lag he generates in his shots. Holy cow!

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/p...ttish-open?cid=pgacomsocial_20140710_27585326

Just an incredible shot. Unreal.

Wow that is nice! I'd be buying another club if I tried that shot.

Thats his Mac Daddy!!! Phil is a short game genius. Love watching his creativity.

Yeah, the feat in and of itself (he birdied the hole) is pretty cool, and I know he's got a video or two how he talks about how to do it properly, and other videos of him pulling off the feat. I will never hit a ball off a cart path, principally because no one pays me or gives me clubs and I'm not going to ruin my clubs to pull off that shot. So while the video is neat in that sense, what I found particularly amazing was when they slow down his swing at the 1:10 mark in the video ... you can see the lag he generates in his shots. Holy cow!

http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/p...ttish-open?cid=pgacomsocial_20140710_27585326

pretty wild ain't it... the lag the pros generate is just crazy.

I am guessing the nearest point of relief had a bad potential lie. Wow!

I'll tell you something else that is pretty incredible in the slow motion. Take a look at his grip right at impact. VERY light grip pressure indeed!

JM

Nicely done. I liked his flop from the other day a little better though.

Not a Phil fan but that was certainly a h#!! of a shot. Piece of cake for him to execute that flawlessly unlike the rest of us....

Great shot though i would not try that as for fear of damaging a wedge i am sure phil had a new one waiting for him when the round ended

I can't watch these without cringing lol awesome shot tho

Definitely a Phil kind of shot. Love watching him play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is nice! I'd be buying another club if I tried that shot.

We have a local rule in place at my course, so those of us that do have to pay for our clubs, never have to hit off either stone or paved cart paths.........

#BEASTMODE

Typical Phil

They always act like hitting off the cart path is a big deal. If I got clubs for free, Id hit off the cart path and not even care of I scuff a club up.

There really isn't a shot he doesn't have in his bag. He truly is a genius when it comes to shot making!!

There really isn't a shot he doesn't have in his bag. He truly is a genius when it comes to shot making!!

Most pros can hit it off the cart path no problem. It's really a simple shot, much like hitting out of a fairway bunker in that you pick the ball clean.

Most pros can hit it off the cart path no problem. It's really a simple shot, much like hitting out of a fairway bunker in that you pick the ball clean.
Oh, naturally...but there's a difference between knowing the path, and hitting off of the path.

Love watching the pros do this. I might be able to pull it off but I would probably have a huge chunk taken out of my wedge as well. Haha

I don't get the big deal. I've played many times from a cart path(concrete, asphalt, gravel, packed clay) when the drop would have been unfavorable. It's not that hard a shot, and I've never done anything worse than a little scuff on the sole, something which I consider normal wear for most irons. But I realize that I play golf with a different outlook than most of the people on this forum. I'm out there to play golf, not keep my clubs all shiny clean.

Back