Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

Another day I'm more excited to get this into the bag

Played around with both the center and heel shafted versions. I'm really glad I went heel shafted. The CS just wasn't for me. Love the feel of the putter as well.

Well I broke my streak of no 3 putts, but I did still stay sub 30 putts! The putter has been solid even when I struggled with other parts of the game. For those in doubt, the squares do work under pressure if you trust the alignment and just make the smooth stroke. If I could just get the rest of the game working a bit better the one putts that I hit many of would be more for birdie instead of just saving par!

Still loving this putter and ready to put it into action at the MC. I have had some good rounds with it lately, it really does help me keep the 3 putts to a minimum. The last few rounds have had only 1 three max or none at all.

I am loving this putter still alot. Had 35 putts after my 27 putts on 9 holes with another brand putter. Just felt like it was so much easier to line up and make putts today.
Still loving this putter and ready to put it into action at the MC. I have had some good rounds with it lately, it really does help me keep the 3 putts to a minimum. The last few rounds have had only 1 three max or none at all.

Dude I am so stoked to get this in my bag

Keeping 3 jacks down is so so big

This is still one of the clubs I'm most excited to see and spend time with next Friday. Every time I've rolled it I've really liked it.

I've got some more time with the smart square under my belt, and we're starting to get along much better. I was having some issues my first few rounds, but the last couple times out I've gotten into a nice rhythm with the putter.

I don't know if this makes any sense but the weighting of the putter seems to reward a more deliberate tempo than my previous putter. I love this thing on short putts. Aiming feels nearly automatic. The squares are a great alignment aid.

Been reading this thread with interest. How does this compare with the TM Spider? Does the alignment seem easier to use than Seemore RST?

Been reading this thread with interest. How does this compare with the TM Spider? Does the alignment seem easier to use than Seemore RST?

I've been going back and forth between the smart square and an FGP. To me, they're sort of solving two different problems. The Smart Square makes the initial alignment about as easy as possible, while the RST and SPI system excels in making sure your stroke puts the ball where you are aligned.

Both are great putters - I would say it comes down to personal preferences. To me, the Smart Square is the most automatic putter on short putts that I've used.

I got to roll this today. Alignment works great. Simpler than Seemore RST and keeps me focused on the hole. Not as resistant to twisting as my Ghost Spider but maybe better distance control. Insert felt nice, not as hot as Metal X but firmer than White Hot. Definitely on the ponder list.

i never liked the sound the ball made off the putter. it was for sure easy to line up, but i just couldn't get over the sound. weird.

Got one incoming. Hoping to use it a few times before snow hits.

I'm tempted to get this out again this weekend.
Get it out Nate. I tried to go back to my SeeMore from Nashville and it wasn't working. The smart square is just to smart not to use.

Get it out Nate. I tried to go back to my SeeMore from Nashville and it wasn't working. The smart square is just to smart not to use.

I can't deny the results. My speed control was spot on all weekend long w/ it in MB. I pass by it in the guest room all the time and I always pull the cover off and roll a few.

I can't deny the results. My speed control was spot on all weekend long w/ it in MB. I pass by it in the guest room all the time and I always pull the cover off and roll a few.
Yea I don't know what will be next for me. Next time you walk by, grab that guy and toss it in the car to get it to the course.

I'm actually beginning to look for one. Heard it's the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I don't know what will be next for me. Next time you walk by, grab that guy and toss it in the car to get it to the course.

Play in a member/guest tournament starting tomorrow and we have a practice round. Think you talked me into bring it now.

I'm actually beginning to look for one. Heard it's the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The smart square is the real deal and it has proven with my putting this year. Defiantly will help you drop more putts.

Everyone is making me want to put this back in the bag if I get to play this weekend.

Play in a member/guest tournament starting tomorrow and we have a practice round. Think you talked me into bring it now.

How did you roll the Smart Square for your tourney? I'm still contemplating picking one up to give it a try.

How did you roll the Smart Square for your tourney? I'm still contemplating picking one up to give it a try.

I played with it in the practice round and the speed control was perfect. Wasn't knocking down putts but was around the hole. I will get it out once in awhile to play with. Not going to be my main gammer but it's not going anywhere either.

This was in the bag last time out. Alignment felt great. Had a couple holes where distance control was an issue. After having not played in a month, this thing saved me. Even with taking some time off, it is hard not to have confidence standing over the ball with this putter. I found the bottom of the cup more than I deserved.

Back