Anybody who says that parenting is easy, isn't a parent. hahaha. No parent I have ever met will say that. Maybe relatively speaking, some kids might be easier to handle. But even the best kids want to watch Frozen one too many times!!!!

Parenting is super easy.....banging head and pulling hair!!!

So potty training has been going fairly well with my daughter, enough where we will take her out to places even if we're gone for a few hours cuz she's been doing a good job even on public toilets. The only slip ups she's been having is she'll sometimes poop in her pants, and when asked why she didn't ask to go on the potty she just says she didn't want to.

So my wife and her are at a store today and my daughter says she's going poop. My wife tells her to hold it and they rush to the bathroom. A little gets in her pants and after a few minutes on the toilet she finally goes more. So she gets a change of underwear and they go back out. After a few minutes my daughter is holding her butt. My wife asks her if she has to go again; she says no. A minute later she poops enough to where it comes out her pant leg and onto the floor of the store. This isn't a big store either, and it's got that super short carpet, not tile. Needless to say my wife was pretty embarrassed.

I hope people without kids read this :D

You're not the only one Danny... you're not the only one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to believe how time flies, my son will be turning 3 in September. As per potty training, he does it I would say half the time. Been getting much better lately as my working hours are more steady. Its been lot of ups and down as per his health issues from the start, things again have been improving. Wifey and I talked last night about his spending time with grandma in DR to learn Spanish. Thinking 1-2 years so he will be ready for school and have a second language. He can say quite a few words already,20 or so. But for his future this is a great option and to see the other side of the family we only see once a year. I see it as opening many doors down the road and that is vital for this future. Just overviewing how I will deal with being away from him so long. Most I have been away from him is 2 weeks and just say it was very tough. Maybe a move there could be done.

I feel for you guys. I am 55 and my youngest is 18 and just graduated from High School. My 21 year old daughter and son still live at home and I hate to tell you this it never stops!!! It does get easier when they become more self sufficient but it never stops. I have raised mine on my own since they were 6 and 8 when my wife passed away from Leukemia. They are the reason why I didn't touch a gold club for 10 years, they are older now and I am back playing again. Was to busy keeping up with school sports etc. to swing a club. But one closing note in my case the boy was much easier to deal with and still is, girls are great when young but it gets much harder. If you think about it with a boy all you need to worry about is one penis, with girls you have to worry about them all!!!

You're not the only one Danny... you're not the only one!!

These are the moments I'm ok with missing!

It goes quick Jaysfan, that's for sure! And my daughter has been 3 for almost a month. Forget about terrible twos, got nothing on threes so far. Eesh.

Bstubbs, everyone keeps saying girls get harder as get older. That frightens me haha.

It goes quick Jaysfan, that's for sure! And my daughter has been 3 for almost a month. Forget about terrible twos, got nothing on threes so far. Eesh.

Bstubbs, everyone keeps saying girls get harder as get older. That frightens me haha.
My big guy has been in the terrible two stage for almost 1 year. Fitting as hes a big guy already 3.5 feet tall. Hes always been very energetic even when in the tummy. I can just image how much more this could be as hes very talkative and full of energy. I would like to have another, preferably a girl. But I know it may be a little strenuous as hes quite a handful now.

Ugh.... my son was SO CLOSE to getting his first ever junior league hit tonight! There's only 2 games left in the season (unless we make the playoffs, which is a possibility). He got up for his second at-bat and he just started swinging away like he never has before. After 2 foul tips he absolutely RIPPED one back to the pitcher. I was coaching first and yelling at the top of my lungs for him to just put his head down and RUN! The throw beat him by a step and a half... oh man. So close. I was so happy for him, and the whole dugout was going nuts that he almost had it. Fingers crossed this breaks him of his fear of the ball, and he just goes for it these last two games.

Threes were the worst. By far.

Threes were the worst. By far.

I would have agreed with 3s from past experience except that my daughter is 2 1/2 and a nightmare lately. If it gets worse when she hits 3, we're in trouble.

We are just getting to the terrible two's I really hope three isn't worse, I don't think my wife could take it, she doesn't have an ideal temperament for dealing with a wacky child.

Maybe you guys will get lucky and this will be the worst of it. Our experience - and I've heard it from many others - was that the threes were worse, but a good amount. I recommend wine. Beer works well too though. In all seriousness, there was a stretch where we were embarrassed to put our glass recycling out because it was always overflowing.

We are close to the two's as well. On top of the tantrums we have also started potty training. She's so receptive to using her potty that we didn't want to wait.

Was talking to my wife about this today. Our feeling is that it's been months 30-40 that have been the hardest for the three that have passed it. Since that crosses a birthday it's why terrible twos and threes get jumbled together in our minds.

The wife and I took the kids out last night to have dinner, picnic, on the cart while playing, they lasted about 10 holes and had a ton of fun!

Ugh.... my son was SO CLOSE to getting his first ever junior league hit tonight! There's only 2 games left in the season (unless we make the playoffs, which is a possibility). He got up for his second at-bat and he just started swinging away like he never has before. After 2 foul tips he absolutely RIPPED one back to the pitcher. I was coaching first and yelling at the top of my lungs for him to just put his head down and RUN! The throw beat him by a step and a half... oh man. So close. I was so happy for him, and the whole dugout was going nuts that he almost had it. Fingers crossed this breaks him of his fear of the ball, and he just goes for it these last two games.
I hope he gets that hit! When I was little, I was placed in a league where the kids were all a year or two older. I was a runt too, which didn't help things. My dad taught me how to bunt, and my first hit came in our World Series. The next year, those kids moved on and I stayed and made the All-Star game. Things can turn around quickly at that age.

So do I. He only had 1 AB last night, game was called after 4 innings due to weather (don't get me started on the umps) and hit off the tee after getting 4 straight balls. His attitude is so much better now about batting. Plus, he hasn't been beaned in a few games either :)

Man, it's been a rough night and morning with the kids. The boy had some unacceptable behavioral stuff going on yesterday, his backside was visited by my hand, the wife got mad at me for that, we had a very rare argument, the kids continue to be at each other continuously this morning, corners in our house are getting a workout... I am actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow. Fun times.

Last edited:
Man, it's been a rough night and morning with the kids. The boy had some unacceptable behavioral going on yesterday, his backside was visited by my hand, the wife got mad at me for that, we had a very rare argument, the kids continue to be at each other continuously this morning, corners in our house are getting a workout... I am actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow. Fun times.
Hang in there.

Hate those rough days man. All you can do is troop through it and know better days are ahead.

Yup, those days can be a drag. Sometimes you just need to push through

Just dropped my oldest son Ethan 10 off at the Nebraska men's gymnastic camp. He was a lot more eager to see me out the door then I was willing to leave. Hoping he stays so busy learning and having fun that he doesn't have time to miss his 2 brothers ,mom and dad.

Just dropped my oldest son Ethan 10 off at the Nebraska men's gymnastic camp. He was a lot more eager to see me out the door then I was willing to leave. Hoping he stays so busy learning and having fun that he doesn't have time to miss his 2 brothers ,mom and dad.
I'm sure time will fly for both of you and you'll be back together soon enough.

Parenting Thread

Jake learning how to get up and down at his class today. He could teach me something!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406145934.667240.jpg

Last edited:
Back