Take the bands off GPS watch?

lilbilly

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone just take the bands off their GPS watch? Is their a brand that you could do this with that wouldn't damage it?

I hate watches, but wouldn't mind carrying a GPS in my pocket if it was that small and light.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I haven't used a traditional GPS or GPS watch on the course. I just use the iPhone app SkyDroid for navigation. Best few bucks spent on a golf app and eliminates bringing additional devices on the course with me.

I haven't used a traditional GPS or GPS watch on the course. I just use the iPhone app SkyDroid for navigation. Best few bucks spent on a golf app and eliminates bringing additional devices on the course with me.

Not a fan of using my phone on the course, but let's avoid that discussion on this one... Lol

Not sure but can't imagine it would be and issue. Have you thought about putting the watch around your bag?

I have an Bushnell Neo that I used before I got the Neo X watch. I like the watch much more as I don't have to reach in my pocket any more.

The Neo is very nice and small and it works great. Don't think Bushnell makes the Neo anymore but a quick search and they are still for sell.

I would never wear a watch when I played before I got my Neo X, so I was a little skeptical of wearing a gps on my wrist. Doesn't bother my at all, it's nice to just look at my wrist and get the yardage without having to fumble around with something in my pocket.

Though I don't use one of the GPS watches, when I was in the Army I hated having a watch on my wrist so I bought one with a Velcro strap and put it around my belt. It set right next to my Gerber tool and never got in the way but was easy to assess whenever I needed it. This might be a good option for you and you won't have to worry about it falling out of your pocket. The Velcro bands can be bought separately too.

I believe there is a home page review onm them and I know we have given away a few of them.

Cool, I didn't see it up. I'll check it out

Put it on your bag dude. Same number :)
This, or if you use a push cart, you can wrap it around the handle.

I'd have to assume having the watch in your pocket may inadvertently push some buttons, change holes or settings, or whatever.

I've got an ESN WR62, the band comes off of it just like any other watch.

Put it on your bag dude. Same number :)

Unless you ride and grab a couple clubs to walk across the fairway to your ball and forget to take it with you... ?

Unless you ride and grab a couple clubs to walk across the fairway to your ball and forget to take it with you... ?

Just snip off the rubber straps with a scissor

Just snip off the rubber straps with a scissor

Would rather not so I do t have to replace them or have something of less value because I messed with it.

I've got a MotoACTV that has a clip on it that you can put in instead of the watch band. I'll carry it that way sometimes, but I actually prefer the watch.

Back