Push cart accident

Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
Played a short nine-hole today and joined a two some already in progress. I go to tee off when I hear the beeping of a golf cart backing up then a crash, crunch, explosion shortly afterwards. I turn to see my Clicgear under a golf cart with my bag and clubs still attached. As I walked over I saw what appeared to be the front wheel at an odd angle and thought to myself, my cart broke. I get a closer look at the situation and see the wheel did not break. In fact, the entire cart was still in great shape apart from the road rash it just received. Then I checked on my clubs and everyone of them were intact. All the stuff in my compartment did fall out and my beer spilled on the ground creating an instant pool of muddy gook in which my new THP towels soaked up:crying:. Right now I have them soaking in the sink and I hope the stains won't be too bad.
So kudos to Clicgear for making a product sturdy enough to withstand golf cart squashing. Kudos to Ogio for making a sturdy bag. And kudos to THP for helping me clean up my beer :cake:

Did they offer to buy you a new cart? I sure would have. I know they're expensive (since I own one) and I'd feel terrible if I even scratched someone's.

Did they offer to buy you a new cart? I sure would have. I know they're expensive (since I own one) and I'd feel terrible if I even scratched someone's.

At least a new beer!!!

Ah man that's rough. I know how I am with my stuff and that would definitely bug me knowing it ran over. Hope the guy that did offered sometime of payment! A beer at the very least!!

Wow, I would have flipped out!

I hope the driver of the cart at least showed some concern or remorse. I know if I damaged someone's gear, even if only road rash, I'd offer to buy lunch or some golf balls, or something to make up for it. I wouldn't expect to replace the cart or muddy towels, but something would have been gracious.

No beer or any type of compensation, just a bunch of "sorry's"
Just really happy nothing was damaged.

That really sucks at least nothing is broken

Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear only road rash. Hopefully there is no hidden damage.

Played a short nine-hole today and joined a two some already in progress. I go to tee off when I hear the beeping of a golf cart backing up then a crash, crunch, explosion shortly afterwards. I turn to see my Clicgear under a golf cart with my bag and clubs still attached. As I walked over I saw what appeared to be the front wheel at an odd angle and thought to myself, my cart broke. I get a closer look at the situation and see the wheel did not break. In fact, the entire cart was still in great shape apart from the road rash it just received. Then I checked on my clubs and everyone of them were intact. All the stuff in my compartment did fall out and my beer spilled on the ground creating an instant pool of muddy gook in which my new THP towels soaked up:crying:. Right now I have them soaking in the sink and I hope the stains won't be too bad.
So kudos to Clicgear for making a product sturdy enough to withstand golf cart squashing. Kudos to Ogio for making a sturdy bag. And kudos to THP for helping me clean up my beer :cake:

That is pretty crazy, but I commend you for how you handled it. Accidents happen, and I'm sure the other person felt really bad. Glad to hear other than some road rash things are ok. Send the story to Clicgear, maybe they have some touch-up paint you can get from them.

Send the story to Clicgear, maybe they have some touch-up paint you can get from them.

This is a great idea. They might use you in a marketing campaign and send you a new cart :)

Back