Pw follow through

My whole point is that for me anyways....utilizing a full swing is always easier than choking down on a wedge and trying to play a knock down, sawed off approach. If I have a chance to pull out a 60 degree and use a full swing I will. Why?? Because I am completely comfortable doing so where as sawed off brings more feel into play and a bigger margin of error for me.

That's understandable as most golfers (myself included) would much rather hit a full swing shot than an sort of choke down, partial swing. Whenever you have to shorten a swing, with any club, there is a chance that your miss will be more, if your not use to that shot...just because you are bring more variables into your swing.

Letting the club head pass the hands at impact increases dynamic loft vs keeping the handle in front of the club head. If you do this you'll hit the ball high and controlling trajectory with wedges will lower scores. Full swing or half swing trajectory control has to do with controlling dynamic loft.

Hitting down lowers trajectory and to hit down you have to have the club head trailing your hands (shaft leaning forward) at impact. To get this done with any velocity the outcome of the swing will rarely look like OP's posted pictures. The finish will more then always look like what Michelle Wie looks like even with a full swing.

I will never advocate against being comfortable with ones golf swing. But most accomplished players have multiple shots in the bag. the three-quarter shot, half shot, low, high. having multiple shots will make you a better player.

Letting the club head pass the hands at impact increases dynamic loft vs keeping the handle in front of the club head. If you do this you'll hit the ball high and controlling trajectory with wedges will lower scores. Full swing or half swing trajectory control has to do with controlling dynamic loft.

Hitting down lowers trajectory and to hit down you have to have the club head trailing your hands (shaft leaning forward) at impact. To get this done with any velocity the outcome of the swing will rarely look like OP's posted pictures. The finish will more then always look like what Michelle Wie looks like even with a full swing.
Who said anything about letting the clubhead pass the hands at impact. My hands are forward and ball back in my stance and I hit down on a full wedge shot not flip and sweep like youre indicating.

I will never advocate against being comfortable with ones golf swing. But most accomplished players have multiple shots in the bag. the three-quarter shot, half shot, low, high. having multiple shots will make you a better player.
Freddie...I can hit knock down shots and do so whenever I'm inside of 75 yeards....not what I meant. I was alluding to the fact that utilizing a full swing is always best if you are within that particular yardage. I can hit great knockdown shots I just have trouble gaging spin and check which is why I asked for your help in a thread a few weeks back.

Who said anything about letting the clubhead pass the hands at impact. My hands are forward and ball back in my stance and I hit down on a full wedge shot not flip and sweep like youre indicating.

I think he was offering his view on the swing, which is spot on, and not directing at anyone special.

My follow through on a wedge like that is probably close to that bottom left pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my wedge follow through

And this. We have a free practice hole at Laguna Seca 135 yds. Perfect wedge.

Both balls were within 15 feet of the cup. Small ass green too.

But I'm a big athletic dude. 6-4" 250. I love food too much. That's my problem in my mid 40s now and my wife can cook a mean meatloaf. Lolll. I try to walk as much as possible but it doesn't stop me from eating. Loll

Back