Mizuno TN-87 Irons

I have a pair of Miura wedges, WMF-06, that have copper under the finish. They do have a unique feel. Softer than my other Miura. Whenever someone borrows it they comment on how great it feels, so maybe there's something to the underlying copper.

I need the SGI version and a 75% discount though. :)

Sexy irons and I love that they brought back the old Mizuno logo, the, "Mizuno Pro" name and the, "TN" model designation but not for $4K. I love Mizunos more than probably anyone on THP and even if I had the money, I wouldnt pay that much for those clubs.
I can certainly see how having copper under the finish would make them feel softer and I can SOMEWHAT understand added cost due to how labor intensive they are but still, no way are they worth $4K to me. I could maybe, MAYBE see $2K.
You know though, if you some rich dude with more money that you know what to do with an buying another new Bentley doesnt really interest you, why not blow $4K on a set of blades to hack it around the club in 150 with?
Im saving my money for the upcoming JPX-850 driver which, if the rumors are true, should be awesome.

They are beautiful set if irons but I can think of a lot of other things I would spend $4K on.

Inside I'm smiling because I imagine you're getting close to justifying these.

Nope, just wondering what $4k worth of irons today would have retailed for in the 80s.

I'm still working on getting my skill level up to being worthy of my current Mizunos. :)

Honest question- are these intended to be a collectors item/ display piece, or a higher end offering for the discerning Japanese market, or are they honestly being sold as a genuine gamer set of irons that they'd expect you to go beat range rocks with and hack around the local muni (ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration) just like any other set of irons they're selling?

I'm thinking the only people these appeal to are those that are so filthy rich that money is no object, or the hard core collector- much like a Scotty Cameron collector will pay $1,000's for multiple Circle T putters just to have them to display and show off to friends. I'd have to guess the numbers of these sets produced will be counted in the 100's and not the 1,000's.

Absolutely gorgeous irons. Not $4k gorgeous, though.

Absolutely gorgeous irons. Not $4k gorgeous, though.

Sums up my feelings as well. Beautiful irons. But 4k? That is crazy.

Honest question- are these intended to be a collectors item/ display piece, or a higher end offering for the discerning Japanese market, or are they honestly being sold as a genuine gamer set of irons that they'd expect you to go beat range rocks with and hack around the local muni (ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration) just like any other set of irons they're selling?

I'm thinking the only people these appeal to are those that are so filthy rich that money is no object, or the hard core collector- much like a Scotty Cameron collector will pay $1,000's for multiple Circle T putters just to have them to display and show off to friends. I'd have to guess the numbers of these sets produced will be counted in the 100's and not the 1,000's.
Id guess they are meant more to be a collector's item, due to the branding and the price. Even for a JDM set of irons, $4K is pretty pricey. You can typically pay $1500-2500 for a set of JDM irons.
Id be interested to hear how many sets of these Mizuno is going to actually make. My guess is they will be a very limited run.

If they were $400 I wouldn't put the money down for them (I couldn't hit those blades), but I am sure there are some Mizuno lovers that will plunk down that kind of cash for the feel.

And a very good question. If you look at it to just the wealthy or the pathological iron collector, then yea these are the coolest thing since sliced.....well sliced butter. The amount if people that will regularly game them is probably very slim.

they are super cool.

They look nice, but $4k DAM!! Ill just stick to my cheaper but probably far easier to hit irons.

I would pull the trigger for $1,500. You're knocking out too many with that price tag though. Good to see the legend live on though.

Queue the buttery feel train.

I love that train. CHOO CHOO!!!!

I hit an MP 59 during my lesson the other day and there was a definite difference in sound/feel than my Apex.

While I would not purchase a $4K set of irons, nor do I have the game for these, I have no doubt that this will be another quality Mizuno offering.

Lol 4k for irons. This makes my recent purchase feel much better.

I don't even think they look good honestly.

Back