Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha to be fair we were both hitting about 4-5 balls on each hole and we both took irons off the tee for the second shot you see there! ;) but his drives were carrying all of 240!
Had a feeling he may have laid up. That looks back and that isn't a long hole. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

what he fails to say is i knocked a 14' putt for birdie, and yes, the old ben hogan is starting to heat up, no more leaving them short, when i miss they are ending up behind the hole!!:banana:

jimmy had a good practice tonight, getting some good tempo on his swing, he did lose a 20 shot game of horse, but only by one down, the kid is starting to get good enough to bring some serious competition my way, going to have to keep my "A" game going to stay ahead of him....lol

jimmy had a good practice tonight, getting some good tempo on his swing, he did lose a 20 shot game of horse, but only by one down, the kid is starting to get good enough to bring some serious competition my way, going to have to keep my "A" game going to stay ahead of him....lol

LOL that's cute pop! Whatever helps ya get through that rough night shift. Whenever you're ready to start playing some serious match play rounds I'm ready to take you on.

Had a really nice range and short game session with Maddog last night as my final prep before heading down for the Morgan Cup. Wouldn't have wanted it any other way!! Thanks for all the help and encouragement along the way pop! I'll be playing my best to make ya proud and bring home something special to show ya.

u7yre8u7.jpg

I should note the group of balls away from the cup were gimmes. We weren't missing that badly lol!

good luck in MB to the NY crew, enjoy the weekend!

I second what Marty said - good luck Jimmy and Dean!

it was a nice relaxing practice session. jimmy even chipped in a half dozen shots, he has a real nice touch going right now. play well , have fun and stay with in your game and you will be tough to beat!!!!!:banana:

Yeah good luck guys, don't forget to have fun.

Had a really nice range and short game session with Maddog last night as my final prep before heading down for the Morgan Cup. Wouldn't have wanted it any other way!! Thanks for all the help and encouragement along the way pop! I'll be playing my best to make ya proud and bring home something special to show ya.

u7yre8u7.jpg

Is Mike trying out the Michelle Wie putting stance in that pic? :)

Good luck Jimmy and Dean. I know I will be following along as best I can.

I echo the other guys thoughts...good luck Jimmy and Dean. I'll be rooting for each of you to kick ass individually; however, my heart will remain with Team DotCom.

Is Mike trying out the Michelle Wie putting stance in that pic? :)

Good luck Jimmy and Dean. I know I will be following along as best I can.
everything but the skirt was working .... lol

shot 39 in league action, 4 bogies one birdie, only one problem last night, had 2 each 3 putt bogies, each three putt started out with 25' or so, blew one by 5' and left the other 4' short and missed them both

Got out after work after about a week and a half of not touching a club, shot 45 with 3 doubles(!). Putting was good and driver was a little short on distance but 75% fairways hit. It was obvious the long drought of playing affected my chipping though.

Had my 2nd golf league tournament Saturday at Wildwood, I have become the scratch player for the B group based on our handicap system so I no longer get any strokes. I ended up losing by one stroke, which i could blame on a few mistakes I made during the round but most notably on hole 18. I had no idea if I was in contention but I knew I needed a good finish. On the Par 5 18th hole I had a decent drive hitting the fairway, a solid 5 iron second shot giving me about 150 to the pin, 8 iron right over the greens side bunker landing about 8 ft from the pin......then 3 putted for bogey!!!!!!!

Just some food for thought and figured I would start the discussion..I am looking to be in Rochester from August 27th through September 2nd..

Would love to get a round or two in with you guys. Hopefully we can plan a round - maybe Mill Creek for that weekend.

Just some food for thought and figured I would start the discussion..I am looking to be in Rochester from August 27th through September 2nd..

Would love to get a round or two in with you guys. Hopefully we can plan a round - maybe Mill Creek for that weekend.

I am in. Can't wait to play my new duos. Mike may try to veto Mill Creek though :)

I am in. Can't wait to play my new duos. Mike may try to veto Mill Creek though :)
Excellent!! But Duos can't cross state lines. You have to come to Indy to get them. ;-)

lol, twin hills, brea mar, chilli, Leroy, shadow pines, arrow head, ivy ridge.......gee don't see mill creek anywhere on my list....lol...graystone, shadow lake, or how about hickory stick?

lol, twin hills, brea mar, chilli, Leroy, shadow pines, arrow head, ivy ridge.......gee don't see mill creek anywhere on my list....lol...graystone, shadow lake, or how about hickory stick?
That settles it.. Mill Creek it is. Or we can do 36 with 18 at Twin Hills and 18 at Deerfield.

just a thought, anyone ever play centre pointe near canadaigua? a little less travel for pete ( if he can play by then ) and dean, maybe MPlefty also?

That settles it.. Mill Creek it is. Or we can do 36 with 18 at Twin Hills and 18 at Deerfield.

I think I might like this idea best!

just a thought, anyone ever play centre pointe near canadaigua? a little less travel for pete ( if he can play by then ) and dean, maybe MPlefty also?
I'm going to try like heck to make it out for this. I go to the doctor on August 28 with hopes that I will be cleared to play golf. I'm supposed to play the afternoon of the 28th, and possibly in a tournament on the 30th. Everything is kind of up in the air though at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back