Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

I am not a huge hitter but this driver was fantastic for me yesterday. I am usually happy with a 200m drive (about 220 yards).
But yesterday I was averaging 230m (250yds).
The change was my grip. Weakened the left hand grip to stop the hook, set it to 10.5 to stop the slice and smashed it.

Below was the gps track of my best drive.

Almost on the green par 4 - 259.3 meters (283 yards).

Regular stock shaft.

aqepajym.jpg

I am not a huge hitter but this driver was fantastic for me yesterday. I am usually happy with a 200m drive (about 220 yards).
But yesterday I was averaging 230m (250yds).
The change was my grip. Weakened the left hand grip to stop the hook, set it to 10.5 to stop the slice and smashed it.

Below was the gps track of my best drive.

Almost on the green par 4 - 259.3 meters (283 yards).

Regular stock shaft.

aqepajym.jpg

Great job Dave. This thing did wonders for me and it looks like you had a great go of it this time around. Nice!

Let me tell you what. If I was a golf club, I would have little golf club babies with this thing. This thing is unreal for me.

Picked up an AMP Cell Pro used at Golfsmith. $65 bucks after a trade-in. The Kuro Kage shaft makes a huge difference over my old Cobra S3 driver.

I'm playing with more confidence off the tee thanks to this club!

Still love this club as well!

Still stroking this club. I hit some lazers today

Go Big Orange

Picked up an AMP Cell Pro used at Golfsmith. $65 bucks after a trade-in. The Kuro Kage shaft makes a huge difference over my old Cobra S3 driver.

I'm playing with more confidence off the tee thanks to this club!

I love the KK shaft. I'm playing it in the reg head :D

Loving it, was great for me today and yesterday! Mis hits are ok, but it's great when you just nail it!

Loving it, was great for me today and yesterday! Mis hits are ok, but it's great when you just nail it!
Yep. It feels like a rubber ball when you smash one on the sweet spot.

love the sound

Go Big Orange

Yep. It feels like a rubber ball when you smash one on the sweet spot.

love the sound

Go Big Orange

And when you do catch one, the :D is a mile wide and your playing partners just gawk. Love it. :alien2:

I want to know why it seems people don't think this is a big distance driver? I have really been pouring the coals to my drives the last few weeks, and accurately with this driver.

I have driven two Par 4s. (289 and 321 respectfully) .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I wanted to answer this after I got a few trips to the range in. With my old driver I was barely making the 250 marker at the range and on a straight line. With this I'm consistently straight and
easily clearing 250. So I agree, you can hit the poop out of it and get some good yardage. :clapp: It's probably not a Bertha Alpha but for my game it works great.

I wanted to answer this after I got a few trips to the range in. With my old driver I was barely making the 250 marker at the range and on a straight line. With this I'm consistently straight and
easily clearing 250. So I agree, you can hit the poop out of it and get some good yardage. :clapp: It's probably not a Bertha Alpha but for my game it works great.
I have been averaging 275 to 280 with roll out. I hit a 320 yard bomb the other day it was definitely wind aided and I got a magnificent roll out

Go Big Orange

8.5° is gonna be the go to setup for me on this thing. Tried 9.5 and was still hitting some pretty high shots that weren't going quite as far as I would hope. Dropped it to 8.5 and hello! Was right there with some of the longer drives I've hit on a course I played this weekend. Can't wait to get it out more now and see what she can do.

I have been averaging 275 to 280 with roll out. I hit a 320 yard bomb the other day it was definitely wind aided and I got a magnificent roll out

Anytime someone like us can bomb 300+ it's all good. I don't care if there's a 20 MPH tailwind, it's an accomplishment. I know when I hit one, I love the feeling. I wish the
460cc heads were legal when I was in my 20's because I would have jacked them all day long. Now at 48 not so much, but the ones I do get I'm proud of. Great job HGV. :clapp:

Anytime someone like us can bomb 300+ it's all good. I don't care if there's a 20 MPH tailwind, it's an accomplishment. I know when I hit one, I love the feeling. I wish the
460cc heads were legal when I was in my 20's because I would have jacked them all day long. Now at 48 not so much, but the ones I do get I'm proud of. Great job HGV. :clapp:
Yeah. I hit my irons really long. I have no reason why but I'm usually a club longer than most guys I play with.

Unfortunately that doesn't translate to accuracy...However I have been improving on that with range time and working on my swing.

I have my Amp Cell at 10.5 D and I have the Stock Stiff flex shaft. I would crank it down but I really enjoy playing the ball in the fairway here lately. I just try to make a 150 yard or less Par 3 out of every hole

Go Big Orange

With this driver my best results come at 11.5. I tried it just for fun and was shocked to see my best drives ever.

So I own both the AC driver and the AC 3-4 fairway wood.
Last night just for a test at home I tried to swap the heads of the two with the shafts and sure enough the driver head fits onto the fairway shaft. For some reason the fairway head didn't want to tighten properly on the driver shaft so I didn't force it.

I am kind of keen to try the driver head on the fairway shaft as you always hear about people cutting down their driver shafts.

Has anyone tried it and if so got any tips for what the lofts will be on the fairway sleve?

The driver shaft is suppose to be 45.75" and the 3-4 fairway is suppose to be 43.5" but when you take the head off and sit them next to each other there is no way that their is 2.25" between them. Its much less.

Has anyone tried it and if so got any tips for what the lofts will be on the fairway sleve?

I've pondered this but haven't tried it. The lofts would look like this:
8.5 = 13.5
9.5 = 14.5
9.5D = 14.5D
And continues on up like that.

This one is back in the bag this week. Should be out 3 times or so

I've pondered this but haven't tried it. The lofts would look like this:
8.5 = 13.5
9.5 = 14.5
9.5D = 14.5D
And continues on up like that.

What would the lofts look like with a driver shaft in a 5-7 wood head?

What would the lofts look like with a driver shaft in a 5-7 wood head?
Assuming it fits (I haven't tried) it would follow the same pattern - the lowest loft for the head (16° maybe?) Would be the lowest loft on the AC adapter (8.5). Then just go up a degree on the adapter for each degree you want added to the head. The draw settings will match too.

Assuming it fits (I haven't tried) it would follow the same pattern - the lowest loft for the head (16° maybe?) Would be the lowest loft on the AC adapter (8.5). Then just go up a degree on the adapter for each degree you want added to the head. The draw settings will match too.

Is there some sort of calculation for going up or down with shafts and head sizes? I'm new to the whole swap this for that idea and was just curious. Great info Shook. :D
My AC is still doing well. I dropped down to 8.5* just for fun and found that is too low for me. I got contact but no distance. It's fun though to go to the range and just
have fun playing around with it.

Is there some sort of calculation for going up or down with shafts and head sizes? I'm new to the whole swap this for that idea and was just curious. Great info Shook. :D
My AC is still doing well. I dropped down to 8.5* just for fun and found that is too low for me. I got contact but no distance. It's fun though to go to the range and just
have fun playing around with it.

Each club has its own lofts that will stay the same with whichever amp cell adapter you are using. So your driver's adapter says 8.5, 9.5, 9.5D, etc. Those lofts will always be the same even if its got a shaft with a FW adapter on it. Just remember the order of those, and the lowest loft (8.5) will always be the lowest loft on whichever adapter your using, and so on.

Each club has its own lofts that will stay the same with whichever amp cell adapter you are using. So your driver's adapter says 8.5, 9.5, 9.5D, etc. Those lofts will always be the same even if its got a shaft with a FW adapter on it. Just remember the order of those, and the lowest loft (8.5) will always be the lowest loft on whichever adapter your using, and so on.

Thanks DRP. Great info. Does the loft change with shaft length adjustments or does it stay the same and what about the shaft stiffness? I'm learning this as I go and I appreciate all the help.

Thanks DRP. Great info. Does the loft change with shaft length adjustments or does it stay the same and what about the shaft stiffness? I'm learning this as I go and I appreciate all the help.
Just don't force a different shaft on if it seems like it isn't going on easy. I'm not sure if all Amp Cell adapters are cross functional ( hybrid adapter to driver/FW, etc).

I'm no expert so someone can correct me if I'm wrong. The loft shouldn't change with shaft length changes. Your lie angle will, which shouldn't matter much for a driver, but possibly could effect a FW if you're hitting it off the turf. The stiffness of the shaft will play the same; if it's a stiff driver shaft it will play like that, if it's a stiff fairway shaft it will play like that. The stiffness will change a little if you actually alter a shaft's length; i.e. cut a shaft down. But if you're just swapping shafts in and out without altering them I prolly wouldn't worry about that.

Back