Was never really into hip-hop until I lived with my most recent roommate. Now I live listening to it!

Wu Tang, Tupac, The Fugees, Jurassic 5, The Roots, People Under the Stairs, Common to name a few

Too many to list. Huge hip hop head. So far this year my favorite album is "Blu - Good to Be Home". (Califormia MC) Otherwise I've got way too many to list. Underground and mainstream. Old and new (from the late 80's on) I listen to many genres of music that may even raise a few eye brows. I love music.

I haven't heard anything new in a while I really liked. I need to find some good new stuff. Love rap and hip hop, but there's a lot of disappointing stuff out there.

I haven't heard anything new in a while I really liked. I need to find some good new stuff. Love rap and hip hop, but there's a lot of disappointing stuff out there.
I hear you John, Lupe fiasco and Nas and J Cole are pretty much the only good ones at this point.

Did you get the new Eminem CD? It's got some really good stuff on there.

Did you get the new Eminem CD? It's got some really good stuff on there.
I thought it was pretty good. Rap God is my favorite on the album and probably top 5 of his all time.

I thought it was pretty good. Rap God is my favorite on the album and probably top 5 of his all time.

Rap God is easily top 2 of the greatest songs ever by any rap artist IMO. I don't even know another song that can compare to it. If you follow Em enough to truly understand that song, it's so freaking good.

If you are looking for new hip hop you might check out kendrick lamar. Hes pretty creative his most recent album (maybe his first) was a concept album that was like a movie script in the form of music

I hear you John, Lupe fiasco and Nas and J Cole are pretty much the only good ones at this point.

I was at LAX airport few months ago and saw J.Cole and said what's up to him. He said "what's up" right back and I just kept it movin to where I needed to go.

My kinda rap

I love county music (listen to it 90%) of the time and I really enjoy rap music but I really don't like country rap at all. I normally change the the channel when Colt Ford, etc come on the radio.

I found this on twitter. The Largest Vocabulary in Hip-Hop http://rappers.mdaniels.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

It's kinda funny, but also really interesting. I'm not sure it means much as far as who is the best rapper, but I thought it was funny that DMX was at the bottom of the list. I guess there's a reason he was so popular at all those undergrad keggers.

I love county music (listen to it 90%) of the time and I really enjoy rap music but I really don't like country rap at all. I normally change the the channel when Colt Ford, etc come on the radio.

Since this is a rap thread I am not going to change the topic but I could care less for Colt Ford. I just heard Jessta James and thought I would throw it in as it fits in here.

Was never really into hip-hop until I lived with my most recent roommate. Now I live listening to it!

Wu Tang, Tupac, The Fugees, Jurassic 5, The Roots, People Under the Stairs, Common to name a few
I was so excited and looking forward to Common's new album, "Nobody's Smiling". I've been listening to common since early-mid 90's heavy and this new album is very lackluster. Very disappointed. NO I.D. didn't come with the beats at all this time around.

Travi$ Scott's new album is surprisingly better than I expected. Plus it's free on soundcloud.

Anyone fans of Ace Hood? His ryhmes are unreal. Always on my playlist on the car.

Three year thread revival.

[video=youtube;ds-1d4GsRHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds-1d4GsRHw[/video]

Spotify is basically only route I listen to music anymore. Been trying to figure out (unsuccessfully) how to play my library through it, mainly because this song isn't on Spotify.

https://youtu.be/0fg08Hjwdo0

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Son Doobie

Buc Fifty

Lil Wyte

Kool Keith

Those are the rappers I listen to, among others. The most inspirational of those, to me, is KK. Just so underrated, lyrically.

Unless it's 90s or 2000s.....absolutely not.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Agreed

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah. Some of the stuff that comes out nowadays is just atrocious.

Someone on Youtube said the last truly great rap album honestly might be Ghostface's "Supreme Clientele"...and I thought, you know, that might actually be true. lol.

Not saying both of Son Doobie's albums on Battleaxe aren't underground classics, and stuff like that, but truly GREAT albums like that...well SC might be the last one.

Unless it’s 2pac or biggie I want nothing to do with it

Sent from HTX

Back