Need Driver and Iron swing help

dixonterp10

Reaction score
Handicap
To me it seems Like you're too far forward on your setup. I was always taught that you should be able to draw a straight line through your toes, knees and eyes.

Thank you, I always have since realized I was way too close to the ball and my arms were getting stuck, so I was pulling up on it. I have since fixed that as well.

I like your posture (and I stand that close to the ball to hit fades). If that way of golf feels comfortable for you follow more of the one plane swing thoughts. You just need to work on keeping that right elbow tucked to you a bit more and taking the club head back you need keep that left arm higher than your right (get it under you chin a bit higher). This will lay your club off more and help with clearing your hips.

On the downswing you have an early extension issue. Google early extension in the golf swing and you'll find some good drills for it. For me, I fixed it by getting better balance, keeping my back to the ball a bit longer, and rotating better on my left side.

Once you learn not to come out of your posture that swing will be pretty money.

Last edited:
You posture is really causing some issues with your swing, as is your alignment. You really need to make sure feet, knees, hips and shoulders are on the same line. I'd like to see a little less knee flex and this should create some space between the hands and thigh.

The back swing is very stiff and your hands barley get above you shoulders. We need to work on getting the arms and the shoulders to sync together and get those hands above the shoulders. But lets work on set up first.

You posture is really causing some issues with your swing, as is your alignment. You really need to make sure feet, knees, hips and shoulders are on the same line. I'd like to see a little less knee flex and this should create some space between the hands and thigh.

The back swing is very stiff and your hands barley get above you shoulders. We need to work on getting the arms and the shoulders to sync together and get those hands above the shoulders. But lets work on set up first.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. About 3 years ago, I was taking lessons and playing 40-50 times a year. Now, I don't have as much time so it is tough to keep that muscle memory.

I will work on the proper alignment and repost. Thank you!

Thank you, I really appreciate it. About 3 years ago, I was taking lessons and playing 40-50 times a year. Now, I don't have as much time so it is tough to keep that muscle memory.

I will work on the proper alignment and repost. Thank you!

Just keep in mind that tension kills a golf swing. You want the arms firm but playable.

Back