JB, ya might of been proud, for awhile

If no one is in the way, I have played a 6830 yrd course in under 2 hrs in a cart
People on course & a foursome. .4 to 5 hrs

A little faster than me but not by much. I have played in 2 hrs on my home course but I'd say normal by myself is 2 hrs 30 mins.
Anything over 4 hrs gets me frustrated

Do you guys even stop the cart? Or just lean out and swing as you go by, pollo style.

For me those times are using iron covers, gps, taking one practice swing and everything.
It's pretty fast when no one is slowing you down. And by yourself you don't talk to anyone so there is no wasted time.

You might be surprised, I don't feel rushed or like I am zooming, there is just no delay combined with a normal preshot routine that is decisive. Many people don't know how fast they would play a round solo because they don't have the chance or want too.

When playing with others on the course, I do see allot of extra time wasted by some that has nothing to do with the shot as well--I see it often because I am usually done and ready to hit again when I am behind someone. They will mess with the clubs and bag a bit too long instead of getting in the cart driving to the next shot and putting the club away when you grab the next one.. Wait with the cart partner instead of getting ready for their own shot... My point is I can play 18 alone in 1:45-1:50 and I am by no means playing speed golf or ever rushing. Sometimes it can run a bit longer if I have to hunt a ball or stop by the clubhouse for a snack or something but if I am the first looper solo It is never over 2 hours.

walking, carrying my clubs, I can easily, non rushed, even hitting a few practice shots...can finish 18 in about 2:20-2:30...Thursday night, played 9 with the wife, we ride in cart, finished in about 65 minutes...

on the counter of all that, played in Pro-am Yesterday, 5:50 minute round...was MISERABLE!!!!

I love fast play. Gets me more focused on the task at hand.

Bringing back an ol thread but last night teed off @ 3pm finished 8~7 minutes before 5pm. Lil under 2 hrs. Shot 80 on a 6863 yrd course. Lol

I have enjoyed fast single golf, Since the club is completely empty every am Monday to Friday. I'm done with 18 in about an hour and half. This also includes the 2 or so random tee shots I record to see how the weeks drills are progressing during an actual round of golf. If I'm really on I can do 27 in the am in just over 2 hours

really a relaxing time to me , and doesn't even feel like I'm playing super fast

That is one heck of a pace!!

A huge fan of quick golf
Only place I look a little longer is putting.. I played so fast one day I was just not even aiming the putts and missing everything. So playing fast is awesome, but i Take a little more time on the putts. And it made a huge difference the next time out

My saying : don't take me long to hit a bad shot. LMAO

A few months ago, I got a quick round in before work. I started at 7:00 right and right after I tee'd off another guy drove up in a cart and asked if he could join me. I was hesitant because my goal was to be done by 8:45. I said okay, but told him my plan. We each had our own carts and he actually kept up. We finished just before 9. I think if I played by myself I would have been done by 8:30.

I decided to play maybe 18 more holes after a round with buddies by myself, I had a cart, I was @ the 8th tee in 30 MINUTES +2, well having to wait on 8 & 9, took 20 minutes to do 2 holes I boggied on in for a +4 40..Decided I'm done didn't do the last 9
30 minutes to cover 7 holes! That's a nice pace.

Walking 18 Monday, I finished in 2:23. Walking today was 2:49. The main difference? 13/14 FIR v 4/14 FIR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back