Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

For those who have hit both the pro and non pro how much forgiveness difference did you see? I like the thought of a lower launching shaft in the pro along key the more iron like head vs give non pro

For those who have hit both the pro and non pro how much forgiveness difference did you see? I like the thought of a lower launching shaft in the pro along key the more iron like head vs give non pro

Personally I saw no drop off between the two. Both were forgiving and delivered distances as expected. I like the pro better for the smaller head profile.

Others can chime in, but I saw very little difference if any.

Personally I saw no drop off between the two. Both were forgiving and delivered distances as expected. I like the pro better for the smaller head profile.

Others can chime in, but I saw very little difference if any.

How did the pro perform out of the rough?

I like the non pro because of the head size, my hybrid needs more forgiveness than irons. The Pro just looks tiny and difficult to hit to me, but it really wasn't when I hit it a few times. The non-pro just suits me better. Seems like you seem to want the pro version though, so I say go for it!

I like the non pro because of the head size, my hybrid needs more forgiveness than irons. The Pro just looks tiny and difficult to hit to me, but it really wasn't when I hit it a few times. The non-pro just suits me better. Seems like you seem to want the pro version though, so I say go for it!

I've hit the pro and liked it. Didn't hit the non pro that day though.

I've hit the pro and liked it. Didn't hit the non pro that day though.

Not knowing your game, but knowing you like the Tour Green shaft, the Pro version would be my recommendation. Is this for a 3 (20*), 4 (23*), or 5 hybrid?

Not knowing your game, but knowing you like the Tour Green shaft, the Pro version would be my recommendation. Is this for a 3 (20*), 4 (23*), or 5 hybrid?

16 and 20

How did the pro perform out of the rough?

I hit it several times last weekend out of the first cut without any issues. I haven't tried it out of deeper rough and doubt I will bc at that point I'm punching out into the fairway to minimize damage already done from the tee shot.

Im with you. have both, find the regular version more forgiving laterally.

Hit this side by side on the range tonight with the SLDRs. Man its clear to me that one is easy to hit and just flat out works for me. Its the x2 hot. I may add the 5h in a few weeks to compliment the 3h

I will probably start with just the 20 and go from there.

Or I had thought just an 18 and only carry one more.

What's anybody's thoughts on carrying just an 18 instead of a 16 and 20 degree. That makes one more hole in the bag for either another wedge or a lower lofted FW if I chose to put one back in

Hit this side by side on the range tonight with the SLDRs. Man its clear to me that one is easy to hit and just flat out works for me. Its the x2 hot. I may add the 5h in a few weeks to compliment the 3h

Well said, best hybrid I ever hit.

What's anybody's thoughts on carrying just an 18 instead of a 16 and 20 degree. That makes one more hole in the bag for either another wedge or a lower lofted FW if I chose to put one back in

All depends on how you want your gapping at the top of the bag and what you have the need to fill elsewhere. Seems like a logical option if you have another need in your bag.

it probably wouldn't be a good setup for my bag. But you know your game a hell of a lot better than I do.

Yeas see that's me. I don't worry too much about bigger gaps at the top of my bag. I seem to be hitting everything farther right now too since I did a little swing change. I need to just go see. I know I hit my 4i about 190 or I use too anyways. I hit my last hybrid about 215. Need to just go see. I may need an 18 and 23 instead of a 16 and 20 to fill my gaps. Plus the X2hot 3h is lofted at 19 as it is.

These hybrids are just great, I went with the pro version and change the shafts to a kuro kage and now I keep the left side out of play for the most part unless its a swing issue. The 20* off the tee is going around 215-220, they are long. The 18* I don't use as much but I do use it on long par 5s.

Love my X2Hots. The confidence I have when they are in my hand is just ridiculous. The look, the sound, the performance. Surpassed all of my expectations. Switched from Mashie+'s that I loved, and did not for a second regret it.

I have bought hybrids in the past where I thought "oh I just need more time with it", in order to have it perform properly. With these, from the very first swing, they have done nothing but surprise me.

I bought a 20 today. Going to play it a while before I decide on a 16 or a FW

I went with the pro as in the store last weekend her shaft seemed to fit me better. I also like the smaller head as the larger ones I find myself trying to sweep them like a FW

Last edited:
This more than any club I am looking forward to getting this week at the MC!

This more than any club I am looking forward to getting this week at the MC!
I'm looking forward to getting the 23 in my bag. It will get quite a bit of use on both courses

I have a set of x2hots on order and I went 5h and 3h. I hope the 5 was the correct choice over the 5i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't go through this entire thread, but for those of you that have the X2Hot Pro hybrids in 20 and 23 degrees, what type of yardage gap are you seeing between the 2 clubs?

I didn't go through this entire thread, but for those of you that have the X2Hot Pro hybrids in 20 and 23 degrees, what type of yardage gap are you seeing between the 2 clubs?

My longest iron is 6i & I max out at 185 occasionally with my 6i. I have the 23* pro and it's my 185-200 club.

I have a 20* Adams pro hybrid & that is my 200-220 club. I'm about to get a 20* X2Hot Pro and expect similar yardages.

Last edited:
Back