Your highest and lowest handicap factor?

geneticistx

Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA-9.8
Over the years, what has been the variance in your handicap, your lowest to the highest, and for how long have you been at both extremes?

My own:
last year got down to 12.9, highest was 16.8 this year, now back down to 13.5 this year. I would like to be single digits by end of september, but don't think I can do that. I usually have two or three blow-up holes a round.

Last edited:
Before turning Pro last April I was at +1.3 and had been around that hdcp for about 2 years. Though I have been playing for 7 years, I never really took golf serious until about 4 years ago and at that time I was around a 15 or 16 hdcp. I got down to a 3 hdcp in about a year and then plateaued for a while before getting down to scratch. Right now I would probably between a 0 and +1 if I were keeping my hdcp

Started out like everyone else as a billion.
Up until 16 or so, carried about a 24, whatever averaging 100 would give me.

Lowest was in my late 20s, got down to 10. Never quite hit single digits for any period of time.
Stable at 12-16 for a decade or so now.

I've only had a handicap since January, since I didn't track it for the first few months I played this frustrating game. But, if I had to guess, I must've started out somewhere near eleventy zillion. By January it was 23.3, now at 16.4 but I think it's going to go up to 17.5-18 or so on the next update. Recent struggles haven't been kind to that number :angry:

Started out like everyone else shooting 100+

Took it a little more serious and played more after joining the military and played around a 20 hc for a decade or so.

Been taking it more seriously lately and brought it down from a 14 to a 10 and now back to an 11.
I'd like to be single digits soon.

This is my 1st year to keep a handicap. I'm currently at 11.7 from a high of 16.6

Over the years, what has been the variance in your handicap, your lowest to the highest, and for how long have you been at both extremes?

My own:
last year got down to 12.9, highest was 16.8 this year, now back down to 13.5 this year. I would like to be single digits by end of september, but don't think I can do that. I usually have two or three blow-up holes a round.

When I first established a handicap in 1988, it was around 18 - I don't remember the exact index. I've been as low as 9.6 in about 1992, and when dealing with some injuries in early 2000's it climbed up to 16, then worked back to 11.6. Right now I don't have an official handicap because for 2 years I lived where there are no courses.

I've only played 10 rounds the last 2 years, and those on vacations back to the US, in August 2013 and March 2014. I entered those scores on my own spread sheet, and I use the USGA protocol, so my index is accurate based on 10 scores, but may or may not actually reflect where I will be now that I get to play a bit more.

My best handicap year was in my sophomore year of college, which was a +1.8. My worst year was the first year I came back to the game and started playing again, which was a 9.2. I'm sure I've had higher when I was a kid but I never really kept a handicap until I go into high school

I was mid-15s when I started tracking it, and have gotten as low as 6.6 but run about 10-11 for the majority. I just moved to 9.2 after posting my last 2 rounds.

Have only had an official handicap for about 5 years and it has ranged from 3.7 to 7.9 in that time. Unfortunately, the 3.7 was early in that span and the 7.9 was recent. Sits at a 7.3 currently.

I still don't know or understand handicap scoring but I'm not very eager to know at this stage on how everything is scored. I'm just having fun and don't really want to get to this point from playing the game :banghead::shout: good days and bad days is good enough for me.

Lowest I've been is a +0.4 and as high as an 8. I didn't start keeping track of my handicap until I had been playing for a few years, otherwise I imagine I would have had a lot higher handicap index when I first started.

Back