Thought I wanted a taylor made putter

Scorp

Lacking competent adult supervision
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
But after hitting a daddy longlegs at golf smith along with a white smoke and whatever the newest spider putter is in the Taylor made line, I found that I couldn't stand the "click" that the ball made when struck with the putter.

i tried an odyssey tank and that seemed better to me.

do a lot of putters with the truroll insert "click"? It's annoying to me at the least...

Sound is feel and feel is subjective. I love the truroll insert. I also love the White Hot Pro insert.

Roll what you like.

In all honesty, I don't think it's limited to Taylormade putters, and even inserts at that. All a matter of personal preference and if the performance is worth the "click" that some, like you, dislike. WHP insert in the tank sounds and feels different from the original WHP putter to some, so that plays a roll too.

I guess so. Honestly, in the 20 years I've played golf off and on I haven't really ever hit but a couple of putters. The first is a tom Weiskopf northwestern blade putter I picked up cheap because I was just starting my bag and was broke.

The second one is the Nicklaus golden bear putter I have in my bag now. It's also a blade and I don't like it because it's too difficult to line up a putt.

I like the mallet style but the click to me is off putting... Is there an insert that doesn't click?

I guess so. Honestly, in the 20 years I've played golf off and on I haven't really ever hit but a couple of putters. The first is a tom Weiskopf northwestern blade putter I picked up cheap because I was just starting my bag and was broke.

The second one is the Nicklaus golden bear putter I have in my bag now. It's also a blade and I don't like it because it's too difficult to line up a putt.

I like the mallet style but the click to me is off putting... Is there an insert that doesn't click?
You are always going to get some sort of audible feedback. However I find the Odyssey versa insert to be pretty muted.

Some putters will sound different depending on where you strike them on the face as well.

But after hitting a daddy longlegs at golf smith along with a white smoke and whatever the newest spider putter is in the Taylor made line, I found that I couldn't stand the "click" that the ball made when struck with the putter.

i tried an odyssey tank and that seemed better to me.

do a lot of putters with the truroll insert "click"? It's annoying to me at the least...

make sure to bring the ball you play when testing putters. Some inserts feel different on different balls.

I was not aware that different balls felt differently off the head of a putter. I was just hitting the test balls they have there (and missing most of my putts off to the left slightly oddly enough)...

I'll remember that when I get the ok to buy a new putter from my CFO (love you honey)

They make some nice putter i like them for the most part i do have a love hate relationship with the TruRoll

I did not like the feel of the DLL. When I was searching for TM putters, the Maranello 81 was my favorite. It still has the true roll insert, but I believe it's slightly different than the one in the DLL.

I really liked my Nicklaus milled putter. I gave it to my brother when I started using a T.P. Mills. I now use the Ping Karsten TR Anser and have been putting well with it. I never liked the inserts, prefer a milled putter. However, I did find the TaylorMade Ghost Tours weren't too shabby. I strongly considered.

I had an MA-81 for a little while and it wasn't too bad with my Z stars, but when I would play my v1xs it was pretty bad sounding. I do think that this model was one of the better with the true roll insert. Most of the blade styles I tried in the store seemed odd and I couldn't tell the difference between a good strike and a poor. At least sound wise. This is one reason I prefer a milled face.

I have only owned one TM putter and it still sits in my closet at home. It is a Rossa AGSI mallet putter. I loved the feel but I just didn't putt well with it.

I have a better suggestion that will cost less in the end. Get the book Putter Perfection from the store to start with and match the putter to your stroke. That way you will understand what you are looking for and will likely end up with a stick that works well and a better understanding of why it works for you.

Ive always found inserts to be clicky.

TedFroop, I'll take the book suggestion under advisement since it's a good idea but I can't buy a new book until I open and read 3 Microsoft server 2012 books, memorize them, and get their associated certifications (and 2 more)... and I have yet to crack the books (I got them 1 1/2 months ago).

Back