Usually the line there is ridiculous, but I do love me a Portland cream.

I used to run the Ringlers Bar on burnside and I traded out for dozens of hit fresh donuts. Miss those days

I used to run the Ringlers Bar on burnside and I traded out for dozens of hit fresh donuts. Miss those days

That's awesome, I lived up there for about 6 months remodeling a Fred Meyer. On my second day there I ate so much voodoo I got sick. I also like Sesame doughnuts in Raleigh Hills, they were down the street from my work.

I think k could live off donuts if I had to. Granted, it would be a short life ended by diabetes, but it would be a happy life. What is your favorite, what makes a good donut, what's the most interesting donut you've had? Discuss.

For me, I like a yeast donut with chocolate on top and custard in the middle. Most interesting one I've had is a maple bacon donut which was a long john with maple icing and a strip of bacon on the top. It was delicious.

I love Bavarian creme donuts as well an Long Johns.

Hard to beat a chocolate glazed donut IMO. I had a brownie batter filled donut once and it was wonderful.

Hard to beat a chocolate glazed donut IMO. I had a brownie batter filled donut once and it was wonderful.
That sounds incredible! Was it at a chain or a local bakery?

real maple glazed with custard !

In my book, nothing beats a fresh, warm glazed donut. I'm more of a kolache guy, though, as far as that goes.

However, I also really enjoy blueberry cake, cinnamon sugar, and lemon filled. Shipley's is usually my go to, but Dunkin Donuts are popping up all over around here, so I will give them a shot in the near future.

maple glazed with bacon long john, great stuff

In my book, nothing beats a fresh, warm glazed donut. I'm more of a kolache guy, though, as far as that goes.

However, I also really enjoy blueberry cake, cinnamon sugar, and lemon filled. Shipley's is usually my go to, but Dunkin Donuts are popping up all over around here, so I will give them a shot in the near future.

Dunkin has pretty good blueberry cake and cinnamon sugar donuts. A pack of donut holes with glazed, chocolate cake, blueberry cake and cinnamon sugar is a great way to make friends at work, lol.

I am a chocolate glazed fan as well. Not much for Krispy Kreme though. Dunkin ftw IMO.

My two favorite places in lincoln:
http://www.the-doughnut-hole.com/

http://www.lamars.com/
donuts.jpg

Shouldn't be long until ATL is here...

Shouldn't be long until ATL is here...
His backwards ways are the reason I started this thread, he needs to see he is in the minority on his closed minded preferences.

Love an occasional doughnut. I'm partial to a Krispy Kreme right off of the line.

Merged with existing thread

Thanks for the merge, searched donut but not doughnut.

My first job was working at a Krispy Kreme--spent a year there senior year of HS, first couple months of college. It took a while before I could eat doughnuts again...but I was able to overcome.

I'll happily eat the chain doughnuts (Dunkin, Tim Horton's, Krispy Kreme) but there's nothing like a good long john (chocolate iced, either cream or custard filled) from a local bakery.

My favorite--the Doughssant from Auddino's here in Columbus. They were making them well before the "Cronut" craze caught on in NYC.

Another great place: Donald's Donuts in Zanesville, an hour east of Columbus. Hit them up before or after playing Longaberger...

I love just a vanilla long john or vanilla sprinkles. My favorite though is from a local apple orchard that makes fresh cake type donuts. You get those warm off the line, with the vanilla sprinkles, oh my.

I don't get too fancy, I usually just enjoy an apple fritter, but I do like Krispy Kreme's glazed blueberry and their glazed cinnamon roll with the cinnamon applesauce filling.

I don't get too fancy, I usually just enjoy an apple fritter, but I do like Krispy Kreme's glazed blueberry and their glazed cinnamon roll with the cinnamon applesauce filling.
I've had Apple Fritters and the like before, never thought of them as a doughnut more as a dessert. Do Donut shops carry them?

I've had Apple Fritters and the like before, never thought of them as a doughnut more as a dessert. Do Donut shops carry them?

They do out here. I would consider an Apple Turnover a dessert, the fritter is a fried doughy doughnutty goodness! Starts your day off with grease, sugar, and all the good stuff!

Back