Tough Choices....

malemotives

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 17.4
I really, really like my Mizuno/Bettinardi putter. I really do. And sometimes, I putt really well with it. The problem is consistency, or lack of, which too often leads to higher scores. So, now and then I pull it from the bag and take along one of my SeeMores. Using the SeeMore, I putt with more confidence... five 1 putts from outside of 12 feet, today. The thing with the SeeMore is when it's not a critical read, which I often misread, I can count on making the putt 95% of the time. Misses are caused by pace rather than alignment. The thing is.... I really, really love my Mizuno/Bettinardi. SIGH!

Having jumped around putter styles there are two that are very functional for me to use in competition play. Seemore and Smart Square--and its all about alignment aids. I have used some very nice ones from Ping Answer, Scotty, NC gambler, and a few others. For me it has been about the reliability in scoring when the pressure is on. There may be a time where I don't need the alignment aid to be comfortable over a 5 foot to save par or make bird, but for now I love the crutch!

I don't know about you, but I like having confidence in my equipment and putting the ball in the hole. Put the SeeMore in the bag and put the Mizuno/Bettinardi in a display case to admire.

Stick with what puts the ball in the hole!

Having recently switched styles of putters, going with what makes you comfortable regardless of anything else makes sense.

Do what I did. Sell the putter you love and bag the putter that works. If you sell it the putter won't call you anymore :)

Back