Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pondering a SLDR minidriver for 125$...

Awesome, thanks Ryan. Will seach around the bay for them. Love the mid flight it had. Good for my ball flight.

It really is a great club. On paper the 82g shaft shouldn't work for my swing speed, but for some reason it works better than almost any other FW I've hit for me, partially because it's very difficult for me to miss left with it. Most good shots are just mid flight boring bombs with a slight cut. Definitely not as forgiving as others on height and distance, but (1) I've never had trouble getting the ball in the air and (2) it seems more forgiving WRT line than other FW's, so instead of missing long and wrong (a la X2Hot) I miss a little shorter but straighter, which is good news.

I'd really like to get fit for a 913 at some point though, just to see what I could gain from the right shaft. Club is great, but if it got better it could be truly epic.

Last edited:
pondering a SLDR minidriver for 125$...
I watched rbarthle17 pound his all day long at Purgatory in Indianapolis. I'm not sold on the mini driver in theory for me, but it certainly works for some.

Pondering a 5/7 wood Bio Cell and 3/4 hybrid

I watched rbarthle17 pound his all day long at Purgatory in Indianapolis. I'm not sold on the mini driver in theory for me, but it certainly works for some.

yeah I am not even convinced myself, but at this price...

yeah I am not even convinced myself, but at this price...

I agree. A rather inexpensive experiment that if it pays off....?

I need one of these.
m8MlUFyM7uyWub4LKvvZjaA.jpg

I need at least 1 maybe 2 new wedges. Honestly debating between scor and hopkins.

I need at least 1 maybe 2 new wedges. Honestly debating between scor and hopkins.
Tough to go wrong with either of those.

I have a set of 5 Scor wedges getting ready to post on the marketplace. I like them fine, but the customization of the Hopkins won me over (and that nobody would buy wedges stamped "O'Carroll").

I have a set of 5 Scor wedges getting ready to post on the marketplace. I like them fine, but the customization of the Hopkins won me over (and that nobody would buy wedges stamped "O'Carroll").
Im sure y you have a few groupies out there that would take those hopkins

Apex 5-PW, with UST Recoil (F4)

Also looking at X2 Hot 3W and 3H

Saving coin to go get fitted for some apex or apex pro irons

Odds are I'll be trading in my Rocketbladez for the Apex pros in the near future, which leaves me either needing a SW or sticking with two low bounce wedges (8* Cleveland 588 RTXs). Gapping would be:

45* (PW), 51* (AW), 54* and 58*

Add another wedge or a second hybrid/fairway wood? Thoughts? Not sure how severe the low bounce on the Clevelands would be for bunker play...

Odds are I'll be trading in my Rocketbladez for the Apex pros in the near future, which leaves me either needing a SW or sticking with two low bounce wedges (8* Cleveland 588 RTXs). Gapping would be:

45* (PW), 51* (AW), 54* and 58*

Add another wedge or a second hybrid/fairway wood? Thoughts? Not sure how severe the low bounce on the Clevelands would be for bunker play...

My cleveland has 6 degrees of bounce and works fine out of the bunkers. I would go for a new hybrid/fairway.

I shouldn't be pondering anything, but I am still thinking about taking out my 4&5h in favor of my 4&5i and slipping a lower lofted hybrid in between them and whatever wood 3/5/7 stays in the bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pondering going back to a set of Combo Forged Cavity Back/Blades, perhaps Titleist 714 CB's/MB's or Taylormade Tour Preferred CB's/MB's
Would probably go 5 and 6 iron in the CB's and 7-PW in the MB's. I am looking for something that I can move both ways. My Razr X Tours are solid but my misses tend to be Right to Left and I think that it is due to the Offset on the Mid-Irons (5 and 6) and I have a tough time fading my Razrs (again I feel it is due to the offset)
I don't seem to have the same issues when I play my "Classic" iron set (Dunlop Maxfli Australian Blades circa 1978) but would like to have a set with more modern Lengths and Lofts.

Response from Jrod
Played a combo set for a very long time but I have to say other than aesthetics there is really no reason. There is nothing a blade can do that a modern day perimeter weighted cavity back can't. I'm not talking SGI here but like you mentioned the 714 CB, Callaway Apex pro, etc

I understand where you are coming from. I guess that what I am looking for is a set with thin top lines, but more importantly, a set with the absolute minimum in offset.
The look at address does count for me as I like a very thin top line. I played the Callaway Apex Pros for a couple of months but when I set them next to my Razr X Tours the amount of offset appeared to be almost identical and that was unacceptable to me, thus the thought of going back to a blade. I am not worried about "Sweet Spot Size" as I am a fairly good ball striker and I think that from either 6 or 7 iron on down it is a non issue for me, just thought that a little forgiveness in the mid/longer irons would not be a bad thing.
Well the ponder has been resolved as I was able to pick up a set of Taylormade RAC MB TP Smoke irons used but in great shape for $200, regripped them with Golf Pride New Decade Midsize grips and already managed to get a round in with them and they performed as I expected, no hook in the 5/6 iron even if I went after it, and easier to work the ball either way if needed. Just what the Doctor ordered for me!

8e3e2e4u.jpg
uqu8atuh.jpg
ja6erede.jpg
. Recieved my Titliest 990's today, oldies but goodies. They were magic for me when they first came out. And for 100$ for 4-pw why not try. Came with dymanic gold with sensicore r300 shafts. They are honesty in great shape, cant believe it for how old they arem only downside are these grips. Will cost more to regrip then what I paid for them. Oh well, off to the range tomorrow to test them out.

If this left hand/wrist pain doesn't subside (been dealing with discomfort since early June), I will be pondering graphite shafts

If this left hand/wrist pain doesn't subside (been dealing with discomfort since early June), I will be pondering graphite shafts

I'm dealing with the same thing right now. Haven't gotten to the graphite ponder yet though. I'm booked up this weekend, so it will be more than a week between rounds. Hoping that gives it some time to recoup.

I'm dealing with the same thing right now. Haven't gotten to the graphite ponder yet though. I'm booked up this weekend, so it will be more than a week between rounds. Hoping that gives it some time to recoup.
I made the move to graphite this season, for the same reasons. Yes, it is pricey up front, for a good quality set of shafts, but the physical benefit, for me, has been tremendous.

Just came into some extra money. So I am thinking of new set of irons. Something a little less offset then my Ping G-25's. I was thinking AP 1's, I 25's and maybe something from Mizuno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back