Soaking wet in Korea for over four hours!

66Tiger

Golf > Work = :^)
Reaction score
Handicap
Beer&Soju
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/544470049

Played Sung Nam again yesterday with a 0900 tee time. Walked and carried 7.31 miles (see link). By the #3 tee, was soaking wet due to the 90 degree temps and at least 90% humidity with 0 wind. Was soaked for the complete round. NOT FUN, was miserable. I wear Nike golf shirts and pants/shorts.

What do you guys wear in the same conditions that would be better....or is it better to just not play? Have a 1100 tee time today here at CRC.

Last edited:

Played Sung Nam again yesterday with a 0900 tee time. Walked and carried. By the #3 tee, was soaking wet due to the 90 degree temps and at least 90% humidity with 0 wind. Was soaked for the complete round. NOT FUN, was miserable. I wear Nike golf shirts and pants/shorts.

What do you guys wear in the same conditions that would be better....or is it better to just not play? Have a 1100 tee time today here at CRC.

Not much you can do in those conditions.

Compression shirts!!! A couple of us got them before last years Morgan Cup after hearing all the horror stories front he year before. They really seem to work well in the hot warm weather.

Light clothing that wicks away moisture. Just about every brand makes some form of it.

skin..

Played Sung Nam again yesterday with a 0900 tee time. Walked and carried 7.31 miles (see link). By the #3 tee, was soaking wet due to the 90 degree temps and at least 90% humidity with 0 wind. Was soaked for the complete round. NOT FUN, was miserable. I wear Nike golf shirts and pants/shorts.

First, when it's like that outside, I'm riding. Second, I'm glad I stayed home on Saturday, because I was considering going out to play Sung Nam around 10am. Third, I just wear moisture-wicking clothes the best I can, but Saturday was just ugly.

ditto compression shirts (underarmour) under the golf shirt...personally prefer the fitted ones which are not as tight...they wick the moisture and keep you drier longer...

If you want to walk, you might consider a ClicGear with the umbrella up to give yourself some shade. Really though, there is no escaping that kind of humidity. Drink lots of water!

Living in south Louisiana most days are 90+ with high humidity. First rule is I dont walk if its over 90. There is no way that your not going to be soaked even riding. I just make sure to stay hydrated and also use an eduracool towel. It really helps cool you down. I suggest getting some good thin ua shirts as I have found they are the best at keeping me cool and dont feel wet even when they are soaked. The new coldblack series works best for me.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

I think I would have went in only my jock strap.

Back