range or practice green first?

I go to the range first...and hit maybe 15 balls TOPS. Then I roll putts until my tee time. I rarely hit any chips, but mostly because firing screamers across the green at other golfer's ankles isn't exactly the confidence I'm looking for from a warm-up routine.

Often do putting and little to no range (short irons) -- but if I do both the order is:
range then green

Putting green, then a few on the chipping green, maybe six balls out of the practice bunker, a few out of the rough adjacent to range, then to the range.

In your scenario, I'd warm up with some weighted swings with my heaviest club, then practice some long putts. Then I'd go hit the range and leave 20 minutes for more putting before my tee time.

I always warm-up first (swinging and bending exercises), then chip/pitch... 40 yards and in, and sand trap. Next is the range and last is the putting green, which is right next to the first tee box.

range first...loose up the old bones, then the green to drop a few before i play

I prefer the pratice green for chipping and putting first. Doing streches along the way. Then off the range.

I could warm up in either order as at my home course you walk between the range and putting green to get to the first tee, and the range has a small section right at the end next to the first tee designated as a 'warm-up' area

The short game area is at the other side of the range from the first tee so I don't tend to spend much time there before a round unless I have got plenty of time

Usually I will go to the range first, stretch and hit a small basket of balls and finish by rolling some putts on the practice green before heading to the tee and trying not to slice my tee shot OOB into the range

I never putt before rounds, I do practice putt but not before rounds. Puttings the reason I havnt broken 70 yet. I try not to sweat it before rounds and will if I start practice putting. All that said I always show up early enough to hit balls, IMO you cannot play golf without stretching, hitting balls and generally just getting loose before your game. Youve got to be game ready when you hit the first tee, it may call for a shot right off the bat :) For me at this point its all mental, practice putting before a round can't not be good lol!! Especially if your playing a course your not familiar with.

First thing i do is strecth. Otherwise i can brake 4 ribs, a wrist, and drop my left tesiticle all with the first shot of the day.

If I am to hit any balls I will do that before putting otherwise just putt.

Always at least try to hit the putting green first to get a feel for the greens. I'm not a member, but bounce around from course to course so I feel like it's super beneficial to try and get a feel for green speed before getting out there.

I usually hit the range a day or two before playing, but if I have time to hit a small bucket, it would be range first, then putting green, then first tee.

I do like the idea of ending at the range instead, using the club you'll hit of the first tee...

I hit the range first to loosen up the big muscles.

Range first then putt, since the practice greens are usually right near the first tee. Even if it isn't near the first tee, it's what I've always done.

Same as most of you really - 3/4 mins of stretching before the range. Start with 10 pitching wedge shots of varying lofts, just as looseners. Then about 10 with 7/8/9 irons, and five balls with each stock tee shot (4i, hybrid and driver). After that, it's the putting green for 15mins - mostly focusing on 5-10 footers before a bit of lag putting.

After that it just all falls apart!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like to chip and putt first. On the range, a couple pitches and then I make my way up full swing my irons up to my hybrids and driver. My philosophy is that my last club I hit is the first one I want to use off the first tee so if I am not going to use the driver, I work down from driver to whatever club I'm going to hit off the first tee.

I go to the range hit about 5-6 balls just to get in the hang of things and then head over to the putting green where I chip and putt for a while.

Whenever I have time I start on the range --> chip/pitch --> putt. If I have limited time I typically just try to roll a few putts to get a feel for the greens that day.

Range first for me. Mostly because my accuracy with my driver is awful and needs all the work it can get. Only been playing a few months though so I'm still trying to find my swing. This usually leads me to playing the majority of my round with the 3W off the tee instead of the driver. One day.....lol

I putt first then I hit the range and make my last shot a solid drive and head off to the first tee full on confidence.

My progression is: Putting then Chipping/Pitching then Range (progressively working up my bag).

My logic on this is that putting requires the least amount of muscles. I stretch to get my muscles engaged, then putt for 10 minutes. Then I move to chipping for 10 minutes (barely off the green, playing for roll) with a putter stroke. This engages a few more muscles. Then I move to pitching for 10 minutes (1/4 swings with wedges) playing for loft/soft landing. This engages a few more muscles. Then, I finally move to the range for 20-25 minutes working up my bag from easy swings with Gap Wedge to Full Swings with Driver. The one thing I may do different is that I only hit 2-3 balls with each club while working up bag... 2 GW, 2 9I, 2 7I, 2 5I, 2 3H, 2 3W, 2-3 Driver... Then I move back down my bag hitting only 1 like I would on the course: 1 Driver, 1 3W, 1 3H, etc. When I reach the GW again, I pull out whatever club I will use on the 1st tee and imagine that I am there. I go through my whole routine and it if the shot is good, I go to the tee. If not, I repeat until it is good.

I like to hit the range first, a little stretching then hitting a small bucket. Seems like when I putt first I'm a kinda stiff and not as smooth with my putting stroke.

Back