Orlando Area in August?

Here's the link and full description. I'd be fine with Timacuan. Sounds like a good deal.

http://dealcaddy.golfnow.com/local/...)&blastID=834062&rcpEmail=Penglynns@gmail.com

Timacuan Golf Club
There’s a grassroots movement afoot at Timacuan Golf and Country Club. Supporters are spreading the word about the course’s new MiniVerde[SUP]TM[/SUP] Bermuda greens, which sprouted last fall and are now rolling like outdoor pool tables. “Best greens in town!” shouts a fervent fan on GolfNow.com, but he’s quickly one-upped by an even more ardent backer yelling, “Best greens ever!” They’re not just spouting the party line—Timacuan’s greens are truly inspiring.

The Deal Caddy’s taking prices to ground level with an offer of unlimited golf at Timacuan G&CC, one of Central Florida’s finest shotmaking tests. Choose your option and redeem any day after 10:00 a.m. through September 14:

• One golfer—$33, up to 61% off rack rates
  • Twosome—$60 ($30 per person), up to 64% off
  • Foursome—$108 ($27 per person), up to 68% off

Timacuan has lured golfers to Lake Mary since 1987, when the Ron Garl-designed course opened to wide acclaim. It’s since been renovated by Bobby Weed, with the greens redone in September 2013. Changes aside, the layout retains every ounce of its variety and challenge. It’s blessed with natural elevation changes and shimmering wetlands, interspersed with 7,047 yards of thought-provoking golf.

The second hole provides a sample taste of Timacuan. The fairway on the 421-yard par 4 is essentially an island; a bold tee shot hugs the water down the right side, leaving a shorter, safer second shot. Play to the fat of the fairway and you’ll face a menacing approach over the hazard. There are many such moments at Timacuan, though most aren’t quite so scary. Course conditions should certainly put you at ease.

Host to U.S. Open local qualifying in 2012 and 2014, Timacuan boasts a first-rate practice area, a revamped banquet facility and service as smooth as those new greens. OK, I’ll quit campaigning now and let you mull today’s options. I suggest you harvest this great value before it goes to seed.

Im game, my dad lives in Lake Mary.

So do we want to go ahead and try to buy into that deal, everyone? Not sure how long it is available - it doesn't say on the website. It also doesn't mention any minimum advanced tee time limitations, so it sounds like this could work for our group. I don't imagine we could start before around 10am anyway for all the out of town drivers.

If that's where people want to go, I'll play there.

I would play there but only problem is when you buy deals like that you gotta make sure of the dates so you could get a head count of who's doing it then make sure you could get tee times for that day and if you can't your out the money for the passes. I would personally suggest trying to call a course direct and get a price instead of going this route.

I would play there but only problem is when you buy deals like that you gotta make sure of the dates so you could get a head count of who's doing it then make sure you could get tee times for that day and if you can't your out the money for the passes. I would personally suggest trying to call a course direct and get a price instead of going this route.

That is my only concern as well.

But until we pick a date and have a head count we can't do anything constructive...

If we could come up with a definite day we could try to call around to see what we could do. It's a shame it's not a week day I might of been able to get Orange County cheap.

Looking at most responses it seems that August 23rd works for the most people?

That works for me if it works for everyone else.

That looks like it works for me too.

I was seeing the 23rd for most people as well. I'm probably game.

Gregg do you wanna edit the title of this to something like Orlando get together August 23, who's in? Or just start a new thread to get a total head count and commitment. I'm gonna be at Orange County Monday I could see about getting a price for that day. Just kinda need to know a time we would want to do it.

Orlando Area in August?

Need to give everyone time to drive in that are coming from an hour or two away. I don't mind getting up early for it, but it needs to be reasonable. :)

Is think no earlier than 9 or 10?

Need to give everyone time to drive in that are coming from an hour or two away. I don't mind getting up early for it, but it needs to be reasonable. :)

Is think no earlier than 9 or 10?

Thats what I was figuring, just keep in mind it would defiantly benefit you guys to get here as early as you could cause it gets brutally hot here around then. Your a solid 2 hours away right so I would think 10 should work time wise giving you enough time.

I am in for the 23rd, I will play anywhere.

Jitzy if you want to play later this week let me know.

I'm likely looking at a hotel no matter where we play.

Thats what I was figuring, just keep in mind it would defiantly benefit you guys to get here as early as you could cause it gets brutally hot here around then. Your a solid 2 hours away right so I would think 10 should work time wise giving you enough time.

It gets maybe 1 degree hotter in Orlando than Jax this time of year. I think we'll live. ;-)

If we're playing on the SW side of town it's about 2.5 hours for me. Assuming I left the house at 6:00am I could be somewhere by 8:30 with a little time to check in and warm up by 9am. I could push that up a little, but being too tired will drain the energy and be just as bad as the heat at a point. I certainly don't want to try to leave the house at 4 or anything. My wife would not be thrilled with that idea (since she'd wake up, too). :)

It gets maybe 1 degree hotter in Orlando than Jax this time of year. I think we'll live. ;-)

If we're playing on the SW side of town it's about 2.5 hours for me. Assuming I left the house at 6:00am I could be somewhere by 8:30 with a little time to check in and warm up by 9am. I could push that up a little, but being too tired will drain the energy and be just as bad as the heat at a point. I certainly don't want to try to leave the house at 4 or anything. My wife would not be thrilled with that idea (since she'd wake up, too). :)
Ya you guys also don't wanna have to rush either also any traffic issues to account for I would guess 10 would be the safest bet.

August 23rd works for me.

I'm going to go ahead and put the 23rd in the first post. Now we just need to settle on a course or at least narrow it down and start calling around to set if anyone will cut us a deal.

I'm going to go ahead and put the 23rd in the first post. Now we just need to settle on a course or at least narrow it down and start calling around to set if anyone will cut us a deal.
Sounds like a plan, I'll be at Orange County tomorrow and ask them what they could do for us. How many does it look like it will be?

I've got a list in the first post with 12, but I think that's optimistic, especially with Pete on there. Who knows what'll happen in the lead up.

Can you add me to list, I should be able to make it.

We had 9 at Kinderlou. I think we can get 12 in O-town. :)

No good for Orange County that day, they have a golf outing that day.

Back