Titleist Pro V1x + balls

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has seen these balls before. A friend of mine plays on the Web.com tour and this evening I went over and walked a few holes with him and hit some shots with his clubs at Lionsgate in Kansas City. He tosses me a ball to hit a tee shot with and I notice the + sign at the end of the Pro V1x badge. I asked him about it and he explained to me they are a higher flying slightly more spinning version of the ball. Hit a few drives with them, a few iron shots, couple of chips and putts. I was pretty impressed, really liked how they flew. Definitely a higher ball flight than what I'm used to, but I attributed that more to his G30 I was hitting off the tee. Anyway, just thought I'd share some pics with you guys because I thought they are pretty cool. He gave me a few sleeves so I'm excited to try them out.

uba7uty6.jpg

e6averur.jpg

aryga5uv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
never heard of those. does the box they came in say anything about them being different than the V1x?

They are virtually identical in construction to the Pro V1x. They have the same cover and dimple pattern, but offer a higher ball flight according to Titleist.

They are a tour only prototype ball. I received a few boxes after signing a contract with them last year.

Tour only at this point from what I understand no different from others last year I had 4 different versions of the lethal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a contact who deals in 2nd hand balls and he keeps these aside for me, they are def a tour only ball at this stage - I used to only play the std v1X but have found the slightly higher flight on these really suit my game - It has now become like a crack addicition where I eagerly await calls from my "dealer" to say he has had a new shipment arrive

One ball I'll never need to play as I have a high ball flight, but very interesting to see.

ProV1 is due for a update/refresh in 2015. I wonder if anything like this will hit retail

I saw a great video on Steve Elkington's YouTube channel with him doing some TrackMan testing between this and the regular x model and the numbers he was getting seemed pretty comparable. I'll see if i can find it when I get home to post it here

Here it is!

Back